We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St George Inn - Worth it Or Not?

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
St George Inn - Worth it Or Not?

I would like to know so much more about the St George Inn!

My first question is why is it so hard to find info about them other than their website which has nothing more than rooms and pictures?

Do they serve breakfast or not?

Why can I not find reviews about the place? Is it nice? I know its a budget Inn but I tend to keep an open mind about places like that.

Can I walk to a beach from the Inn?

Do they have a restaurant? some version of Room service? any food at all? If so - is the food any good? Do they have a bar/drinks??

Is the staff friendly? Are they accomodating??

Are the rooms quiet? Are they clean?

Obviously anything in the world one can think of I would like to know. God forbid there be any info out there about the place...

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd love to give the place a try.

St. George Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: St George Inn - Worth it Or Not?

It's probably hard to find info on it, because not alot of people really know about it. It's not like a true place to spend a week at on a family vacation, more people opt for houses or condos, but the SG Inn is a nice little place to stay, and great for like weekend stays. The rooms are unique and different, but its a different little place. I would recommend people there, generally, but would do so more for extra short stays, or an extended weekend if other places were booked.

The Inn does not serve breakfast.

Yes, you can walk to the beach from the Inn, it's probably like a 200+ yards or so walk to the beach or the bay from the Inn. The Inn sits just about right in the middle of the island.

No on the resturant at the inn, I don't think they have a version of Room Service, and no food service at all.

I would say yes the rooms are quiet, and they are clean.

Sounds like the place like you are talking about that may be more in line with what you are looking for in a B&B type inn, would be found in Apalachicola at the Gibson Inn. They have all of those type amentities including food and bar. But keep in mind that Apalach is 8-10 miles away, and is not on St. George Island.

Hope this helps.

St. George Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St George Inn - Worth it Or Not?

Also, in addition, here is a link to a travelers review of the St. George Island Inn from earlier this month. Go to this link..

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34602-d5764…

The link to the Gibson Inn in Apalach is :

http://www.gibsoninn.com

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St George Inn - Worth it Or Not?

Thanks sqibeach for all the information!

I am going to go ahead and stay there at the end of April.

I think it will be a nice fit for just me and my husband for our anniversary getaway.

I will definately write a trip report when I return so that someone else may benefit.

Thanks Again!

4. Re: St George Inn - Worth it Or Not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island
Recent Conversations