We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gainesville FL to Beach (St. Augustine? Crescent?)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Gainesville FL to Beach (St. Augustine? Crescent?)

I will be visiting family in Gainesville, FL but would like to stay for 1/2 of the week on or very near a beach. Which hotels/resorts are most recommended, and on which beach? I prefer to drive not much more than an hour and a half from Gainesville. 2 people in our early 50s. A pool, hot tub and bar would be perfect, but not necessary. Ideas?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gainesville FL to Beach (St. Augustine? Crescent?)

So, how about where to stay if we flew into Jacksonville, Labor Day weekend? We would still drive a few days to Gainesville to visit, but whats a good place to stay on the beach or across from beach anywhere from Jacksonville to St. Augustine/Crescent beach area? Anyone?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gainesville FL to Beach (St. Augustine? Crescent?)

I'm not familiar with places to stay in St. A but past messages in the forum should mention where others have stayed. Plus the column on the left have reviews of places on St. A.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,485 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gainesville FL to Beach (St. Augustine? Crescent?)

Too late for the OP, but my vote would go to Crescent Beach with a stay at Beacher's Lodge.

Jacksonville FL
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gainesville FL to Beach (St. Augustine? Crescent?)

I believe you would be very happy at Crescent Beach as it is very safe, non crowded and a delight to be at. Any of the condo's or homes in the area seem to be a good choice.

5. Re: Gainesville FL to Beach (St. Augustine? Crescent?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, March 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint Augustine Beach