We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay/visit for honeymoon

england
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay/visit for honeymoon

Hi All,

We are planning on staying in St A. for a couple of nights as part of a florida tour for our honeymoon. Can anyone recommend a nice B&B or guesthouse that won't break the bank.

Also what is good to do here? We don't like to shop (although we love to eat!)

Thanks in advance

Red Train Tours
City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Kids Krew Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Explore Tours And Pickups
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay/visit for honeymoon

jessyejane, I always stay at one of the top rated B & B's on Tripadvisor (sometimes hotels, but I am a B & B person if at all possible) for any location in the world - the ones with many reviews - if a place has 50 or 60 great reviews and only one or two negative ones - I know from personal experience it's a good one.

Read reviews before booking and make sure you understand the cancellation policies when you book. Call around for wedding packages, many B & B';s offer them and include carriage rides, etc. Depending on when you come to our fair city, you may need advance reservations; and prices will vary. It is more expensive in the historic district during the winter months (nights of lights tourism; special events, etc.;) and the beach is cheaper in the winter because it does get cold on the coast and can be downright chilly when the wind blows!

I have listed on this same forum page, just down a few topics from yours, information I formerly posted regarding Attractions for things to do here and also Restaurant advice. Although I didn't write all of it (I did copy and paste from others' posts, I do agree with them). Good luck and have fun!

2. Re: best place to stay/visit for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 16, 2009