We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant on the Water-ATTN: "On The Road"

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant on the Water-ATTN: "On The Road"

Hello, I don't think I know this restaurant you spoke of, so I am posting your (copied and paste) inquiry at the top of the forum for others (hopefully) to recognize it so you won't go there again. Do you know where the boat went out of and how far you went on the boat? Did it have thatch huts around it? TO ST. AUG. PEOPLE:

When we met my sisters in St. Augustine, we took a boat ride. From there, I'm pretty sure we walked to the right (facing away from the water). We ended up at a restaurant of my sister's choosing. There was outdoor seating on a brick (I think) patio. You walked in the door, checked in, then waited on benches in the hostess area to be seated. One of the indoor dining sections was straight ahead, when you entered the restaurant. There were also tables through an entry on the left, prior to reaching the hostess or the other seating area. The room to the left contained the restrooms. The tables in this room would seat about 8 people & were fairly close together. They served seafood & pasta dishes (much of it had a cajun flare). Does this sound familiar? My sister's tend to have very different taste in restaurant than my family does. This one was no exception. It wasn't one my family wants to pay a return visit to. I'm not sure how many restaurants look similar to this. We definitely don't want to end up there again, unaware that we're at the same place.

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant on the Water-ATTN: "On The Road"

My knowledge of St. Augustine is so limited that I'm embarrassed to even attempt to explain where we were. I looked at the tourism info I have & I'm pretty sure we took the Scenic Cruise that leaves from the Municipal Marina. The restaurant wasn't actually on the water, but wasn't far from the Marina. I tried looking for a map that would give me a better reference to explain the location with, but had no luck. This has been a few years, & I'm a bit fuzzy on the details I'm afraid.

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant on the Water-ATTN: "On The Road"

I did some more research, & I'm thinking Harry's Seafood Bar & Grill sounds very similar to what I remember. Does that sound correct to you?

St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant on the Water-ATTN: "On The Road"

Could be Harry's or O.C. White's; either one I would avoid in case. it is the one you went to before and didn't like.

4. Re: Restaurant on the Water-ATTN: "On The Road"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 24, 2009