We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle or St. Augustine in Sept???

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Seattle or St. Augustine in Sept???

Hello St. Augustine forum!!

I'm torn! I'm planning a mother-daughter trip with my mom in September! Both my mom and I have never been to Seattle or Florida! I'm trying to plan a trip since she's getting older and you never know just how long you have left together! She lives in Arizona and I only get to see her about 1 time a year. She is thankfully healthy at this time. She's active and has no health problems that I know of. She's 72 ( but looks like she's 60) and I'm 43.

I have many questions but my main concern would be weather. I know that no one can predict tropical storms or hurricanes (i'd make sure everything is fully refundable).

Typically what would our chances be in the beginning of Sept? Thinking about the 10th through the 17th. Is the weather still warm enough to wear bikinis and flip-flops? Ocean water warm enough to swim in?

Any and all advice is appreciated!!!

Thank you :)

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
36 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Seattle or St. Augustine in Sept???

September is the best month to be just about anywhere. I haven't been to St. Augustine except in the spring (very nice) but I can tell you that Seattle will be gorgeous and all the mountains flowers will be out, the beaches will be fine and there will be many people out and about who would be mystified as to why anyone would want to be in Florida when September is the best month to be anywhere in the Pacific Northwest. Just sayin' :-)

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Seattle or St. Augustine in Sept???

Hmm-- a city resident active in coordinating information for residents said the Castillo would be closed per her City contacts....

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,853 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Seattle or St. Augustine in Sept???

Here's the local newspaper:

staugustine.com/news/….Uhu8LhZpjtg

And the City's website. No mention of the Castillo.

http://staugustine-450.com/gotr/

24. Re: Seattle or St. Augustine in Sept???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 28, 2014