We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

My Husband and I are traveling from Atlanta to Saint Augustine in a few days and have booked a stay at Beacher's Lodge on Crescent Beach. We aren't that much into the historical stuff, though we'll probably see a few sites and spend most of our time walking on the beach. We want peaceful and pretty.

Does this seem like a good choice?

We've chosen an upper unit that should have a good view. The hotel allows dogs, and I'm wondering if dogs roam freely on the beach here, and generally if this will be a pretty area.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Hi, In case any one checks this thread and is interested, my hubby and I just returned from our stay at Beacher's Lodge in Crescent Beach. We had a great time. Maybe January is just a quiet time of year, but we were pleased to see the beach wasn't crowded. We also happened to have great weather.

I saw one person with dogs off leash, all the rest kept their dogs on a leash.

The hotel seemed pretty quiet, but we didn't spend a huge amount of time in our room. The rooms are individually owned, so the quality may vary. We liked ours a lot. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this hotel for hot weather, as the AC is noisy when it turns on and off. We didn't need AC in January.

Hope this may help anyone else with the same question : )

Atlanta
Level Contributor
445 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Thank you so much for giving your feedback after your stay! Glad you had a good time!

13. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 02, 2014