We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to St. Augustine and I'm confused!

Charlotte, NC 28278
3 posts
Save Topic
Planning a trip to St. Augustine and I'm confused!

My husband and I, along with our three year old twins, are planning on visiting the St. Augustine area in early May. We would be driving from Charlotte and have never been to this area. I thought I was settled on the location but after reading through many of the posts on the region I'm a little concerned.

We are not beachy people. Prior to having children we would never have even considered a beach condo/resort trip. However, we find it easier to visit a destination that is low-key and that offers us the chance to have a home base for an entire week so we can stick to their schedules and relax. We went to the Outer Banks (Duck) last year and it ended up working out great. We were there before beach season so we just walked along the beach but also explored the towns and some of the historical sites. Staying in Duck allowed us to rent bikes and bike around to restaurants and shopped and I loved it. This is what we were hoping on doing near St. Augustine.

Our plan is to stay in a condo near St. Augustine Beach (I found two that I like: one in the Sand Dollar II and one in the Spyglass resort). I understand the water may not be that warm in early May? I need to have other things to do to keep us entertained for the week. We obviously want to visit St. Augustine, and husband and I enjoy history and culture. We were also planning a day trip to Jacksonville (the Zoo and the river area). Is there enough other things to do in the region to keep us entertained for an entire week without getting bored?

We are also interested in a few condos in the Hammock Resort/Cinnamon Beach area but I also read a few posts about that area and it seems even more removed from actives other than the beach.

I would love some insight just so I know what to expect and if I should change my plans.

Thanks!

Tracy

Edited: 9:37 pm, January 19, 2013
Idaho
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Planning a trip to St. Augustine and I'm confused!

how long would it take to walk to the shops, etc from this house and was it safe to do so? was the owner accomodating? can you compare this area to the Lincolnville area? Thanks

12. Re: Planning a trip to St. Augustine and I'm confused!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 27, 2014