We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

Hi everyone,

We are coming to St Augustine and spending a few days visiting the town. We are looking for a nice restaurant with fresh fish on the the water. We were looking the King Fish Grill? Does anyone have suggestions about this restaraunt or others that fit our requests.

Thanks Lary

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

Cap's on the Water

http://www.capsonthewater.com

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

I agree with the Cap's suggestion. There is also Aunt Kate's and king fish grill is also good.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,492 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

In addition to Cap's & Aunt Kate's there is the Reef http://www.thereefstaugustine.com/

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

Hi everyone

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions. Between Caps, Aunt Kate’s, The Reefs, and King Fish, looks like Caps has better overall ratings, ocean view and fresh fish choices so far.

Thanks Lary

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

When I think of Caps and Aunt Kate's, I visualize Intracoastal ambiance, and lots of beer drinking and deep fried food. I haven't been to the Reef for a long time but it used to be good. And I have never eaten at King Fish. For food a bit more on the gourmet side, I usually think of restaurants in the city.

With our miles and miles of ocean front and Intracoastal, you would think we would have a lot of restaurants on the water! But we don't.

We eat lots of fish down here. Every restaurant will have fish on the menu and they will know how to cook it. So all you have to do is find a restaurant you like, and then order fish.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

Spirit!!

Thanks for your input!

Being from the North, when we come down to Florida and travel either coast we are always looking for restaurants that understands how to cook fish and have a nice view. Sometimes we find the view is beautiful however the fish has been fried to death or just plain prepared wrong.

That is why we ask questions and for people's opinions.

Thanks Lary

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

Overlooking the Bay in downtown St. Augustine (Old Town) try A1A Aleworks. They surely know how to cook seafood in many different ways. You can sit outside overlooking the water and also enjoy this place for its wonderful people watching on the busy corner.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

I know it get "iffy" reviews but we LOVE the Conch House and have always got great meals there and it is so much fun to sit in one of the tiki huts surrounded by water.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

For well cooked seafood, I'd highly recommend trekking the 20-40 minutes into Jacksonville. Matthews, AIX, Orsay, Blue FIsh, Black Sheep....all fantastic seafood restaurants. Some of the best in the region, in my opinion. St. Augustine has great food, but I rarely if ever drive there for seafood. Just my $.02...

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for Restaurant on water for dinner.

Hi Ben P

Thanks for the info about Jacksonville. Unfornately we are going to be very tight for time. We have only an evening and a day to spend in St Augustine then we head back to Sanibel maybe next trip.

Thanks though. Lary