We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa Resorts?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
283 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Spa Resorts?

Hi.

I'm trying to plan a vacation next Feb for myself and a friend. We are celebrating our 40 b-day and were thinking about a spa resort. Are there any spa resorts in St Augustine? Thinking about a relaxing vacation soaking up the sun. Would that be possible during Feb? Any ideas would be helpful.

OhioTrav

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa Resorts?

In February, this far north in Florida, you may have nice weather and you may not. Suggest you investigate areas from Ft Lauderdale south for soaking up sun in February. Chances are pretty good that you'll have some nice weather down there. Whatever it is, it'll be warmer than up here. Going three to four hundred miles farther south makes a considerable difference in the weather.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
283 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa Resorts?

Thanks

Georgia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa Resorts?

Hi

If you are looking for a spa resort- you can not beat The Club at Hammock Beach- it is around the same price as the Casa Monica and even though its about a 15min drive from St. Aug down A1A it is worth it! There are pools, a spa, restaurants, bar...its great. I happen to be a big fan because I worked for the general contractor who built the resort and my fiance was the project manager. Look into it!

St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa Resorts?

I presume by "spa resort" you mean something on the order of a resort wherein they feed you healthy meals, there are yoga, and other fitness classes; hiking, etc. to enroll in during your stay, some type of fitness regime offered daily; not just a place to lay in the sun, correct?

If so, I am sorry to say there is not anything like that yet here in St. Augustine.

February could be chilly, also, here at that time; But hard to say. Like this past Feb., we had days of 80 degree weather.

I would suggest you stay in the old City for things to do in case it is

chilly. And if we get those nice beach days, Vilano Beach is only 10 min. away (driving) and you can go to the beach.

Any Bed and Breakfast you stay at can line you up with spa visits;

for massages, facials, aromatherapy, mud baths; etc.

But for the all inclusive "spa resort", sorry it doesn't exist here...................yet!

It is still a wonderful place to stay and walk through the town. Check the B & B's on this site for reviews................and then pick one.

Beware, February is "season" here in the Old City; and prices will be up there; avoid Valentines Day................very busy here!

Have fun !

5. Re: Spa Resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 13, 2009