We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun bars

orlando
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fun bars

Can I also get everyones take on must go to as far as bars We are more hole in the wall places enjoy outdoors and live music but not a must, just not a young club scene. I have been to St Augustine many times but it has been a few years.

Again coming in Saturday afternoon until Sunday evening

Thanks and Cheers!!!

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun bars

Across the bridge is Nobby's, they have some outdoor seating. Across from the castillo is the no name which gets hopping. Do you smoke? that will determine a lot too. The American legion downtown is now non smoking and open to the public, plus they've got good food at great prices and Jello shots! as well as a pool table and an outdoor patio.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun bars

If you don't mind smoking, check out Tradewinds on CHarlotte Street - usually good bands there too.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34599-d39…

Another hole in the wall is on St. George Street - St. George Tavern - but again the smoking thing.

Edited: 2:56 pm, October 04, 2012
orlando
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun bars

Again thanks for the help.

We expect to get in town around 4 (driving from Otown) and thought we might stop in Saltwater Cowboys for a drink, the head to Conch House for check in maybe a drink and then is Nobbys over that way as well?

I thought we would hit places on the conch house side of town and then head back over the bridge where I know St Georges, Tradewinds and I am guessing no name are in that area as well? What about Hurricane Pattys and Giglling Gator have seen write ups on both of them?

I am trying to map out the course to optomize our time suggestions welcome Still not sure where we will eat dinner, playing by ear I suppose

On Sunday I think we will go to Anastasia my bf has never been there drive home up A1A

Atlanta
Level Contributor
444 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun bars

Oasis upstairs is a great bar. Live music. Good place to watch a game, too.

Conch House, Tradewinds, Fun spots. My favorite hole in the wall is the cash only Sandbar at Crescent Beach on the otherside of A1A from the beach. Pool tables and a great jukebox.

Last time I was at Panama Hatties late it was a young dance club. Shudder.

orlando
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun bars

Thanks for the Sandbar reference hadnt heard of that one....is that over by Saltwater Cowboys? Again just trying to map things out

I think I may have been to Panama Hatties once on a girls weekend and it def wasnt my style

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun bars

I'd add Mi Casa (St. George Street) if you want to kick back w/some great acoustic music.

And we like Ann O'Malley's Irish Pub (across from Parking Garage). :)

Both are small. Friendly. Live music.

orlando
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun bars

Thanks everyone, we had a great time. We stopped by Sand Bar and Saltwater Cowboys on our way in to town and we were not disappointed.

Ended up having dinner at The Conch House bf had a shrimp and grits dish which he loved and I had the filet which was pretty good as well. The view was wonderful. Later that night we went to Trade Winds where Hooch was playing, very fun band we ended up staying there a good bit and then enjoyed a walk around town before catching a cab back to Conch House.

Sunday we had some great baked goods and coffee as we walked around, then enjoyed a slice of pizza. Dropped in Mi Casa and loved the guy playing, we then did the Light House, hit the beach at Anastasia for abit and ended up having dinner at Crescent Beach on the water.....the name is escaping me at the moment....food was pretty good he had fish tacos I had a pasta dish.

We squeezed in a lot for a little over 24 hours and loved every minute of it.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun bars

And thank you for sharing your experiences to help other travelers.

It is always wonderful when gives back......

Come back soon.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun bars

South Beach Grill?! If so, I love that place! :)

So glad you enjoyed your time here. ~AO

orlando
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun bars

Yes that was I had a wonderful pasta dish with peppers feta cheese and grilled chicken