We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca Inn on the Bay

Coulmbia, SC
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic

We're heading to St. Augustine in November after a couple days in Savannah. We're are definitely not the B&B types, but the Casablanca Inn on the Bay seems to staddle the fence. We've read the reviews (tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34599-d117995-…) and the recent one lean mostly toward the good side. We do think if we stay, we'll opt for one of the two rooms on the 2nd floor that have a private balcony overlooking the Bay.

All that said, anyone stayed at Casablanca Inn on the Bay who might be able to provde some personal insight?

Mentioned in this post
Saint Augustine Beach
Saint Augustine Beach
St. Augustine, FL
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
743 Reviews
St. Augustine, FL
St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Casablanca Inn on the Bay

I forgot all about the St. George Inn! I've toured a couple of their rooms & found them clean, many with great views of the Castillo & bay. Glad to hear it's a solid place from visitors who've stayed there. I'll tell my parents :)

Casa Monica- yes I've stayed in a Deluxe Room & in a Standard Room- no suite yet b/c (as LN mentioned) I can't afford it! But we were happy with our space- the 2nd room's view wasn't anything special, but the room & bed remained very comfortable, robes were plush & the "lounge music" playing in the Bose radio is a fun extra.

I'll have to check out St. George Inn- the views there could swing me to a new favorite. :)

Mentioned in this post
St. George Inn
St. George Inn
974 Reviews
St. Augustine, FL
Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
Casa Monica Resort...
1,943 Reviews
St. Augustine, FL
Coulmbia, SC
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Casablanca Inn on the Bay

Thank you all for your input and insight. While I may need to reconsider my initial thinking, I now have loads more choices. I guess that's better than none, huh? :-)

13. Re: Casablanca Inn on the Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 22, 2013