We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st augustine vs savannah georgia

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HSV, AL
Level Contributor
184 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
st augustine vs savannah georgia

hello. i need to know if st aug is anything like savannah georgia where we have been several times and really enjoy it. so anybody who has been to both, please give me some insight so i can decide if its worth the trip. if they are similiar or very difft or one is way better than the other...thanks.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

Where is the "like" button, lol? I so agree !

22. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, May 27, 2013
Edited: 4:05 pm, May 27, 2013
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,823 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

How fast can you get out of town?

Its a shame you just joined today to have a rant.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,691 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

SHAME on everyone of us!

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

I love Charleston, and used to live there. It's more expensive and more crowded than St. Augustine, but it does offer more in terms of fancy food and nightlife. Also, Lorrie will be happy to know, nothing bad or shameful from America's past has ever happened there. Plus, the slave market (not sure why they call it that) offers many wonderful arts and crafts vendors.

st. augustine...
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

Guess what? I suppose nothing bad in St. Augustine happened here either? Do you know at night the spanish would send their war dogs with their masters to attack and maul the Timucuan indians? They did that here also, not just in the islands. Perhaps you've never heard of spanish priests ordering soldiers and other so called peace loving religious authorities to kill the indians? That happened here also. Don't just assume that I know very little about human atrocities that happened on this continent, in the islands, or the south continent. (Unfortunately, some cruel human tragedies still happen here today in the United States of America) There was also some type of market here too and civil rights movement. Also, you think I drink? No I don't!!!! You think I'm looking for cheap food or can't afford to live in Charleston. It's about the quality of service, food, and historical accuracy. Honesty counts!!! Too many one-sided stories in history.

Edited: 2:30 pm, May 25, 2013
st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

I think Lorrie may be one of those protesters who were out at the Ponce 500th celebration. Yes the Spaniards were no angels....uh, remember the inquisition? Conquering peoples are rarely nice and have a distinct holier than thou attitude. That went for the Timucua as well, they warred incessantly on their neighbors. And the restaurants here are good, otherwise they wouldn't survive well, with a few exceptions...Have you been to the Purple Olive? probably not. Lack of Southern Hospitality? This is Florida, not the South. Everyone here is from somewhere else. Parking fees? Have you visited New York or San Francisco lately? A $15 dollar expired meter ticket is less than an hour's parking in either of those two cities. And once you get a ticket, you're good all day!

As far as being related to the first Spanish period inhabitants....Are you related to Adam and Eve? Or does the Bible lie too....

28. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, May 27, 2013
LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

Oh My ! How can the forums get so out of whack in a week or two? Ranter has been reported AND other posts on this thread that are against forum guidelines as well.

Here is the complete definition of the guidelines:

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines_for_…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: st augustine vs savannah georgia

This is a good assessment.