We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Monica

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ct
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Casa Monica

Hi

Has anyone stayed at the Casa Monica lately, kind of pricey, is it worth the money.

Also has anyone stayed at Journey's End, do they allow pets.

Thanks

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Monica

Hi a.v.,

Most of us who post on the Saint Augustine forum live around here and haven't stayed in these places. You can get 353 reviews from people who have stayed in the Casa Monica, for example, by clicking on "Saint Augustine Hotels" above on the left.

But here's a link to the Casa Monica reviews: tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

And here's a link to Journey's End: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34599-d507343-…

When you are reading the reviews, always check on the left to see how many reviews that person has made. If it is only 1, the review may not be valid. Unfortunately padding review sites with glowing reviews seems to be a commercial passtime. On the other hand, reading negative reviews can be very illuminating!

Enjoy your visit!

Spirit

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Monica

I'm a local... and I have stayed here! My hubby and I" slip away to St. Augustine" for weekends sometimes w/o the kids and Casa Monica is my fave memory to date. I haven't toured Journey's End (I saw several when I did the Historic Inns Tour at Christmastime) so I can't compare.

BUT Casa Monica was great! Maybe just because we were carefree ;)

Our room was:

clean

great, plush bedding

cool, velvet headboard (I love details like that!)

gorgeous view

and we could walk to Claude's chocolates. ;)

We swam in the pool one evening before dinner at 95 Cordova & enjoyed the covered double chaises by the pool. Loved the proximity to downtown & the great live jazz in the lobby the night we ate there.

It's a splurge for us, but we had a blast & I would do it again.

Allie O

my St Augustine Blog: www.SimplyStAugustine.com

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Monica

Unless you pay for the higher priced room, you may get a very tiny room.

Also, be aware, you will have to pay at least $20.00 more per night for parking.

I happen to think that is outrageous.

Casa Monica does not take pets that I know of.

At Journeys End takes pets in one suite and has free parking as do most of the B & B.s .

Myself, if I am going to pay a big price, there better be a great FREE breakfast AND other perks included.

As Spirit says, do read the reviews and believe them......Hundreds of reviewers.... can't do you wrong.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
421 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Monica

I love the Casa Monica. Great location and ambiance. Wonderful history. Nice pool.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Monica

LN has a point regarding room size- ours was a top-floor, very large room. I have not seen the other rooms. Our room package also included breakfast. (Well, we certainly paid for it... but it was up-front. haha)

As for parking, we just parked on the road between there & the Lightner. A few quarters Friday afternoon... Free on the weekends!

It is a Mariott property, so if you have hotel points you may be able to stay for free! :) Otherwise, I do def advocate staying locally (B&B). ENJOY!

St. Augustine, FL
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
682 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Monica

Parking is $22 per day (if you valet). Wi-Fi is $9.95 per day. You may take a small pet (less than 40 lbs) and there is a Non-Refundable $150 Sanitation Fee charged for that. Most B&Bs in town offer some sort of free parking and free wi-fi. Some B&Bs are pet friendly with pet fees as little as $20 per night. DISCLAIMER: I work for a B&B so proclaiming my bias right now. :o) The Casa Monica is a beautiful property, but it's still a hotel. Many of our guests - once they enjoy the friendly, relaxed ambiance of a B&B - vow never to go back to a hotel.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Monica

Righto! They love to feel "at home" when away; something more than a hotel can offer...........many perks too.

AND I cannot believe any hotel charges for wi.fi in this day and age!!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
421 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Monica

The Casa Monica is a great anchor for Saint Augustine and the town would really suffer without it. They say: You never know what you have til it's gone.

Hopefully, the economy will keep improving and there will always be choices for lodgers in Saint Augustine. As social as I am, sometimes a B&B is just too intimate, lovely though they are. The Casa Monica always hits the right balance for me. I am always very proud to show it off. It is a stunner.

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
237 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Monica

I agree with djaaay. Sometimes a BNB is just too intimate. I get the creeps thinking about staying in someone's home I don't know. That being said, I adore the Casa Monica. My friends had a standard room and while tiny......they didn't do anything but sleep in there because there's so much in walking distance to do. We booked a "premier" room and it was very large......way more than 2 people needed but I like that.

It's a casual yet refined atmosphere.

10. Re: Casa Monica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, June 20, 2013