We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Rental Pros

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
52 reviews
73 helpful votes
Vacation Rental Pros

Avoid this Firm whatever you do! We have used VRBO.com several times without any problem. This time I tried a rental company by the name of Vacation Rental Pros because they had a condo that worked for us. After reserving 3 nights I was first quoted an incorrect price. After receiving the email with this price I called to book. I agreed to pay the higher price but the young lady had "difffuculty" inputting the res in the computer. I called back the next morning and was asssured that there was no problem and the place was reserved! After speaking to FIVE different people at this unprofessional firm...finally a manager "apologizes" but this unit is only available weekly! What a bunch of unprofessional people. Don't let them ruin your holiday like they have ours! Steer clear of Vacation Rental Pros.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
20,449 posts
42 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

Very interesting! We were thinking of maybe having them rent our condo for us. Now, I have second thoughts.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
52 reviews
73 helpful votes
2. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

I certainly would. While we all make mistakes (I was in Property Mgmt for 14 yrs), this Company seems to rely solely on the computer without using common sense. I would understand one person making an honest mistake. For all of these different individuals to fail to figure out the problem for several days is inexcusable. Finally they contacted the Property Owner who knew exactly what the problem was. Why I was assured on several occasions that we absolutely were booked who knows? I'm sure there are other more Professional options in lovely St Augustine. Their "mistakes" resulted in our losing our second choice location and cost us $320 more than we had been "promised" by Vacation Rental Pros to rent another property!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
110 helpful votes
3. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

Thanks obxpat, your opinion is very credible on T/A as you have posted over 4,000 posts and so I absolutely agree with avoiding Vacation Rental Pros . Thanks so much for letting us know!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
110 helpful votes
4. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

If you can figure out HOW, I think you can write them a scathing review:

tripadvisor.com/RentalPropertyManager-a_mana…

and here

vacationrentalpros.com/vacation-rentals/…

Edited: 1:48 pm, November 19, 2011
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
52 reviews
73 helpful votes
5. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

To be honest I have wasted all of the negative energy I care to on this Business. I sincerely hope that their service is usually much better than what I encountered. The most annoying thing is multiple employees over several days were involved before they ever figured out I would not be able to stay in the unit that they happily "reserved" for me! So at this late date I am scrambling to find accomodation...fortunately several B&Bs have openings since almost all of the appropriately sized VRBO units are now rented. Still we look forward to a lovely long weekend with Family and Friends coupled with Nights of Lights!

6. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, November 20, 2011
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
52 reviews
73 helpful votes
7. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

Well if they had not made multiple mistakes we would have "ACTUALLY" used them....don't even understand the question really! As for accuracy? My post is very "accurate". My negative experience was indeed "genuine".

8. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, November 20, 2011
St. Augustine,fl
1 post
9. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

This is my second rental with vacation rental pros, will not be using them again. Unit was nice, but poorly cleaned, old linens with holes in sheets and comforters, pots and pans were unusable, towels were all stained as if used to wash cars, etc. Walls, baseboards had years of dust on them including plants above cabinets, underneath couch also years of dirt, a folder of some sort, candy wrappers, bottle caps, crumbs, faucet in master bathtub broken, washer was digusting and dishes dirty. Carpeting in bedrooms and area rugs filthy, furniture also dirty.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,684 posts
52 reviews
73 helpful votes
10. Re: Vacation Rental Pros

That is pretty disgusting. That much dust and dirt took a long time of mgmt neglect to get so bad.