We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for LN or Anyone else - Lodging for 10 days after...

Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Question for LN or Anyone else - Lodging for 10 days after...

I will be in St. Augustine (last minute trip out of necessarily) Nov 30 -Dec 10 and am looking for a place to stay. I have a tight budget for these accommodations. I would like to find a place that is more than just a hotel room, eg a kitchenette/ efficiency/apartment/studio for the time I will be there. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for LN or Anyone else - Lodging for 10 days after...

Here's a suggestion for your 10-day stay: The Inn at Camachee Harbor, which is one of the best deals, and least-known hotels in St. Augustine. Several of the rooms and suites have kitchenettes( request availability of Suite 29 or Suite 26 - they have separate bedrooms and living areas, plus kitchenettes and decks overlooking a beautiful marina and cost the same as a hotel room). You get a lot for the money and the rates are reasonable compared to other hotels around town with far less to offer. The location is close to beach and town, but it's quiet. They have a Web site where you can see descriptions of the rooms, which are all nice and range from straight hotel room to Jacuzzi suite to a full one-bedroom apartment with full kitchen.

Wherever you end up, you should know that this is a good time of year to go to St. Augustine. The weather is nice and the town is decorated beautifully for the holidays. Good luck!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for LN or Anyone else - Lodging for 10 days after...

I would definitely call Dolly at the Cozy Inn if I was on a tight budget. They have exceptionally clean rooms - starting at $57.00 a night. More for a kitchenette (but much cheaper than a hotel). Much cleaner than any hotel in St. Augustine. The phone number is 888-288-2204. It is on San Marco north of the historic district.

Yes, certainly this is a great time of year to visit St. Augustine, but rates will be higher at most places because it is "season" now. And the dates you mention, there is much going on with the nights of lights. Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do.

Mentioned in this post
The Cozy Inn
The Cozy Inn
1,074 Reviews
St. Augustine, FL
Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for LN or Anyone else - Lodging for 10 days after...

Thank you both for your suggestions. I have checked into them, but they are both out of my budget. I am looking at the Regency Inn right now, any word on that place? I am on a $50/day budget for the accomodations as this is a trip that I had to take on short notice. I am going to be working at the Southern end of Anastasia Island. Any other suggestions? Where in the city is close to the night life but not too far away from the Publix (that is near where I will be working). Even a carriage house or something for the 2 weeks would be fine. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Publix
Publix
19 Reviews
St. Augustine, FL
Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
57 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for LN or Anyone else - Lodging for 10 days after...

I would stay out near I-95 hotels are cheaper