We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Anastasia Island

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St. Anastasia Island

What is the quality of the beach and surronding area. Safe for walking around. I am fine if there are no attractions around the area. Also does anyone know where this could possibly be located, "St. Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort is a gated community half a block away from the ocean. No need to cross the main road" I am currently emailing the owner of this Vacation rental so I dont know the exact location yet.

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Anastasia Island

there are some restaurants in st augustine beach area. Aia beach boulevard is a very nice area and safe for walking. St.Aug beach has white sand but u can see cars going at the beach as well. St .Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort is on AIA South across from Zaharias Restaurant and Best Western Ocean Inn Motel. just before coming to Ocean Trace Road .

Charlesfood if u have something to add please feel free :)

Mehmet

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Anastasia Island

very safe for walking....Anastasia state park is a mile up the beach and makes for a great walk, as there is no development.

St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Anastasia Island

Don't believe the white sand part. Murat must be color blind.

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Anastasia Island

i better check the beach when i am by the swimming pool next time. I was today at 3pm should have gone to the beach :(

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
215 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Anastasia Island

I know that place...very nice and they have a courtesy van on site to take you into town. Address is 3942 A1A south. Mapquest.com will give you exact directions. They also have both indoor and outdoor pools.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
215 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Anastasia Island

oh, yeah...as far as the color of the sand on St. Augustine beach, we'll just have to agree to call it "light colored sand" Not white like Destin, but still nice to look at.

If you're a sun-worshipper, there is soft sand when you first walk onto the beach, but the closer you get to the water, the more packed the sand becomes. Great for taking walks-nothing in the sand to hurt your feet (unless you stumble across the rare beached jellyfish!) The waves are nice there, but if you're in the mood for a more peaceful -almost waveless beach, try Vilano Beach. You can access the Vilano bridge in the northern part of downtown St. Augustine.

St. Augustine, FL
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
686 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Anastasia Island

Murat & Nickie are not color-blind - our sand isn't the snow-white of the Florida panhandle - but is a light "sand" (ha!) color - almost-white - very beautiful..... Mahoney just likes to argue (harumph!)

St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Anastasia Island

Mahoney likes to tell it like it is and not trick tourists.

P.S. Taupe IS off-white....... tan. If you have ever visted a truly white sand beach anywhere, you know the difference - it looks like snowdrifts on some beaches, blinding white, that is not here. Sorry, but you will love the beaches here anyway. They are not the dirty dark sand some beaches have.

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Anastasia Island

Maybe Mahoney is talking about Vilano Beach sand not being white :) instead of st aug beach sand

Mehmet

St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Anastasia Island

Oh, right! Give it up, unless you have been to a truly white sand beach, you don't know what white sand looks like. Take off the sun glasses and look at the color.