We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best pancakes

Epping, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Best pancakes

Can anyone suggest the best breakfast pancakes near RW. We have tried IHOP and Spinnakers before, any hidden gems we should go to?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,622 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best pancakes

I will wait to hear for this one- we never eat breakfast out lol.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best pancakes

We go out for breakfast, but don't eat pancakes! .. sorry can't help either lol

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best pancakes

Try the Egg n I on PLacida Rd, not tried the pancakes tho'.

Boca Royal is also good for breakfast, best Eggs Benedict.

Lynne

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
747 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best pancakes

The truly best pancakes were in the Peppermill Restaurant, but unfortunately that closed a number of years ago as the owner had to retire of ill health. However, I would recommend either the Morning Muse on Gasparilla Road (haven't eaten pancakes but the egg specials and omlettes are great!) or Food is Love on McCall Road. Mango is also good (on Dearborn Street), as is Bob Evans in Port Charlotte.

Enjoy...

Rosie

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best pancakes

Rosie .. when we were there a month ago .. Morning Muse appeared to be closed? .. is open during the summer only? .. shame as we wanted to try it after the good reviews on here

Epping, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best pancakes

It has been open as normal. It is closed on a weekend, could that be the reason?

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best pancakes

No .. we went past several mornings around 7am-8am (last month) and it was all in darkness .. no cars outside and no sign of life!

Maybe it only opens specially for when Rosie is there? lol ;-)

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
747 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best pancakes

I would say they may have been on holiday ..... Either that or they are getting ready for the season. Dec thro April are their busiest time .... Apart from when I am there ..... Lol

She better not be closed .... I would be devastated!

Rosie xo

9. Re: Best pancakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West