We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

redington beach area

Which Redington Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
1 post
Save Topic
redington beach area

In late June, my wife and I plan to take my mother for a weeks vacation along the Gulf Coast (somewhere between Tampa and St. Pete's). I want a condo type setup (kitchen, living room etc. ), and on the Gulf..also...resonable rates for a weeks stay. Have you any suggestions and e-mails for places to stay. The hotel must be wheel chair friendly.

Thank you,

Brian

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: redington beach area

I've visited Redington Beach many times over the past 20 years. It's a great area. We usually stay at the Sea Oats Condos right next to the Redington fishing pier. They are individually owned and well kept. They are very reasonably priced during that time of the year (off season), and you save a lot of money having a full kitchen. All the units have large balconys overlooking the beach and gulf. I don't think you'd have a problem with a wheelchair. We rented through a company that is now called Travel Resort Services, Inc. (www.trsinc.com). They handle several condo buildings in that area.

Be sure to eat at Crabby Bills and Shells for inexpensive, good seafood. Take a tour of the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary (www.seabirdsanctuary.org) in Indian Shores (just North of Redington Beach). It's free and very educational. They do great work rehabing injured birds, especially the pelicans. There's a huge pelican statue at the entrance on Gulf Blvd.

John's Pass (www.johnspass.com) in Madeira Beach (just South of Redington Beach) is a fun area with lots of restaurants and shops. There's a boardwalk that runs along the water with lots of boat traffic.

orlando
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: redington beach area

there are TONS of efficiency type motels/hotels in that area. very reasonable rates, too. mom and pop type places are the best imho. try searching around in the st. pete area portion of the website superior small lodgings

http://www.superiorsmalllodging.com

and you'll get lots of choices. two that i recently inquired about (haven't stayed there but they both look fine) are http://www.waterviewinn.com/index.htm

http://www.gulfbeachmotel.com/index.html

st. Louis
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: redington beach area

Has anyone ever seen or heard of the Hotel Isis? I've made reservations there and would really like to know something about it. Staying with kids. The people making the reservations were very friendly and helpful. I feel I can trust them, but I would like more information if any of you have it....

England
Level Contributor
640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: redington beach area

Dancpa check out Pop Century or Coronado Springs and let me know.

Vinny

London
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: redington beach area

can anyone recommend a specific condo they've stayed in at sea oats please?

London
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: redington beach area

...anyone?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: redington beach area

dear floridasfab.

we have stayed in no.108 at sea oats,3times and go again in 2weeks.the condo is a 2 bedroom with a king size bed in 1 room and 2 double beds in the other.it has a great view right across the gulf[as do all the condos]but we like 108 because you can access it easily by the stairway as well as the elevator.it is also on the corner,which means you have that bit more privacy if you like.the condo is spotless and well maintained and has a greatkitchen/dining area.we have looked in a few more condos in sea oats and they all seem to be good,but we are just used to 108[love it]hope you have a great time whatever you decide.cheers!

London
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: redington beach area

at last.....a response. Thanks GlasgowPat for replying. Did you rent through VRBO or another agent? How do I get in touch with the owners, have they a website? Any help on getting a decent condo in seaoats would be great.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: redington beach area

dear floridas-fab

we booked no.108 through the sea oats rental management office.the lady,s name in the office is Mary Gonzalez.she was very helpful.there were two more condos we looked at which are on v.r.b.o. number #9023 which you could look at .one of them has three bedrooms.hope this helps.

p.s.we would not stay anywhere else in that area as the location on the beach,next to the pier is unbeatable.cheers.

London
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: redington beach area

Thanks Pat....will check it out.

Get answers to your questions about Redington Beach