We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from cape san blas (feb)

burton on trent
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
just back from cape san blas (feb)

Had a terrific time, what a gorgeous place. Visited toucans in port saint joe, fabulous scallops. Gumbo festival there too, great band. We stayed close to loggerhead restaurant on the cape, visited once (little expensive, but nice) kids loved the ladies rest room and are having bedroom painted same colours. Found my first sand dollar (put it back of course) fished and caught a great big nothing ....ah well. fabulous trip, on my list of places to re-visit. Many thanks to thoese who offered advice, some of it was most handy. regards sally

Ayrshire, Scotland...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: just back from cape san blas (feb)

We're thinking of visiting this part of Florida. Usually go to St Pete's Beach area and rent a beach apartment. We like the quiet, so thought this looked like the ideal place. Prefer to stay on the beach. Not so keen on hotels, prefer our own space. Love sunsets. Where did you stay and how much approx for a week's rental? We would be arriving in the next few weeks or so.

I would be grateful for any hints/tips.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Lynn

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back from cape san blas (feb)

We were also there a few weeks ago. Fourth year and each year gets better and better. If you go to www.visitgulf.com you will find an accomodation link that lists houses and townhomes. Barrier Dunes and Seacliffs are out by the state park and rent from 850-1500 a week depending on location. Houses are all over. Good luck and have a great time.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
73 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back from cape san blas (feb)

When we visit the Cape we always love renting a boat from Seahorse Water Safaris (at Port St. Joe Marina). The last 7 miles of Cape San Blas, FL don't even have roads on it, so a trip to the end of the Cape is awesome--white sand beaches, mile high dunes, dolphins, sting ray---it's beautiful! We usually snorkel some while we are out, though you can see everything clearly in the water from the boat! Always a favorite was to spend a day for our family!

Mentioned in this post
Seahorse Water Safaris
Seahorse Water Safaris
113 Reviews
Port Saint Joe, FL
Port Saint Joe
Port Saint Joe
Florida Panhandle, FL
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
569 Reviews
Port Saint Joe, FL
Crestview, FL
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: just back from cape san blas (feb)

Has anyone ever rented a cabin at the State Park. I have one reserved two weeks from now and am interested what they are like.

Bob

Crestview, FL

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back from cape san blas (feb)

Forgotmehairbrush - Glad you had a good time, did you see any damage from the hurricanes? It's been two years since our last visit and I am itching to go back. We stay at the Driftwood Inn on Mexico Beach, it is wonderful, they even serve a little breakfast in the main house. The rooms are very nice too with kitchenettes. Did you happen to see if the Indian Pass Oyster Bar has reopened? I thought it was suppose to in June.

Mentioned in this post
Driftwood Inn
Driftwood Inn
196 Reviews
Mexico Beach, FL
Mexico Beach
Mexico Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back from cape san blas (feb)

Smokybear, please let us know about the cabins at the state park, I have always wanted to know how they are, they look really neat.

burton on trent
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back from cape san blas (feb)

rusty cat, we did go to an oysterbar on the main road between port saint joe and the cape. The carpark was made from oyster shells. There was a sot of square bar area as you go in where the oyster shucker guy stood opening the oysters. It was good. we also went to toucans on mexico beach, lovely shack type place. The scallops in a basket were gorgeous. We did see some homes right out on the cape just before to statepark which had been destroyed and waiting for demolition. But mainly it was pretty much as before. I can't coment on accomodation prices (sorry) we stayed at a beach house owned by our family. We were lucky it was so perfect. would love to return when the turtles are hatching. But the sand is still white and the sky blue, it is beautiful. regards sally

8. Re: just back from cape san blas (feb)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe