We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape San Blas and Oil

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cape San Blas and Oil

OK. We are darn close to booking property at Cape San Blas for mid June. Should we hold off or look elsewhere because of this oil spill? Very nervous.

Mentioned in this post
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
Florida Panhandle, FL
Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

Personally, I wouldn't do it. After hearing about the oil spill, I'm so happy we decided ( previoulsy ) not to book until next year-we were thinking about late summer 2010- not anymore though. Good luck to you whatever you decide! :)

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

Yeah....looks like more and more we won't be going to the Gulf. Guess we have to look at Coastal Georgia...that should be ok, I think.

Red Bud, Illinois
Level Contributor
153 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

I have a week booked at St. George Island in October. My second payment is due in July. I may walk away if the situation doesn't improve. We were going to go to the Cape the week prior but am not doing anything yet...even the East Coast. I'm going to wait until a few weeks prior before making my decision. Totally bummed...I love both of these areas.

Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

I'm sorry , to both of you, that your vacation plans have been messed up! This whole oil spill has just become so devestating, in so many way.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

Any more news on the oil spill and Cape San Blas area? We are still crossing our fingers for middle of June.

Mentioned in this post
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
Florida Panhandle, FL
Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

Who knows what to expect, there is talk that the oil that is deep will be going around the key s and may wind up int he Atlantic. say Miami. I say just go for it, if it hits the sea shore while you are there, then help with the clean up! That will make a vacation memory that will be stronger bond for generations.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

I understand the help for clean up, but we have had our own natural disaster in Nashville and we need a break from cleaning up to be honest.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

We are going down this Saturday to Windmark Beach and we will be going over to Cape San Blas during our time down there. I'll let you know. What I have heard so far beach is fine.

Mentioned in this post
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
Florida Panhandle, FL
Lebanon, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

We have rented a condo in Cape San Blas for 6/3/10 weekend. We are anxious to hear about your trip. We have also debated whether to cancel our trip. : ( Have a safe trip!

Mentioned in this post
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
Florida Panhandle, FL
Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cape San Blas and Oil

My family and I got to Windmark Beach yesterday, May 22, beach is fine. Went to Cape San Blas today, everything great. You will really enjoy. It is a long distant from grocery store though. No oil.

Mentioned in this post
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
Florida Panhandle, FL
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe