OK. We are darn close to booking property at Cape San Blas for mid June. Should we hold off or look elsewhere because of this oil spill? Very nervous.
Personally, I wouldn't do it. After hearing about the oil spill, I'm so happy we decided ( previoulsy ) not to book until next year-we were thinking about late summer 2010- not anymore though. Good luck to you whatever you decide! :)
Yeah....looks like more and more we won't be going to the Gulf. Guess we have to look at Coastal Georgia...that should be ok, I think.
I have a week booked at St. George Island in October. My second payment is due in July. I may walk away if the situation doesn't improve. We were going to go to the Cape the week prior but am not doing anything yet...even the East Coast. I'm going to wait until a few weeks prior before making my decision. Totally bummed...I love both of these areas.
I'm sorry , to both of you, that your vacation plans have been messed up! This whole oil spill has just become so devestating, in so many way.
Who knows what to expect, there is talk that the oil that is deep will be going around the key s and may wind up int he Atlantic. say Miami. I say just go for it, if it hits the sea shore while you are there, then help with the clean up! That will make a vacation memory that will be stronger bond for generations.
I understand the help for clean up, but we have had our own natural disaster in Nashville and we need a break from cleaning up to be honest.
We are going down this Saturday to Windmark Beach and we will be going over to Cape San Blas during our time down there. I'll let you know. What I have heard so far beach is fine.
We have rented a condo in Cape San Blas for 6/3/10 weekend. We are anxious to hear about your trip. We have also debated whether to cancel our trip. : ( Have a safe trip!
My family and I got to Windmark Beach yesterday, May 22, beach is fine. Went to Cape San Blas today, everything great. You will really enjoy. It is a long distant from grocery store though. No oil.