We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Restaurant w/ semi-private room

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
15 posts
637 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Restaurant w/ semi-private room

We are headed for South FL and plan to get a group of US Navy bets together for a min-reunion. We will have folks from Tampa and others from Ft Meyers, so I'm thinking someplace in the middle.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant that might have a semi-private room where a bunch of old salts could relax, have a nice meal and gab for hours? We'd be looking at a Wednesday eve so we won't cut into peak hours. There'll probably be a 12-18 people total.

It doesn't have to be Port Charlotte - that just seemed to be kind of in the middle!

Thanks to anyone for their suggestions.

Bob

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Restaurant w/ semi-private room

If no one gives suggestions, google Port Charlotte FL Restaurants then call and ask if they have room to host your get together.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,853 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Restaurant w/ semi-private room

I would say try Venice or Sarasota instead myself. More places. What kind of food? Lunch or dinner?

In general, PC is Chain city when it comes to food. I know one place that has rooms, but I took a fam of 4 there, and they might struggle with a large party. One place that is fun, but I don't think they have private rooms is Joe Cracker Sports bar.

Try Posting on the Rotonda forum as there are more people about there and they will know PC.

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
98 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Restaurant w/ semi-private room

This maybe too late for Bob, but I just found the forum area on Tripadvisor!

JDs Bistro and Grille has a semi private area, and it's a private room until 5 daily, go to www.jdsbistroandgrille.com.

Joe Crackers has an outdoor area, but that cn be reserved for larger groups...maybe 40?

Visanis has a private room, seats up to 30 or 40. It's a restaurant and comedy club, you could finish with the show if you want.

Csptains Table at Fishermans Village has a private room as well. This is on the water in Punta Gorda.

There's more places along with the Cultural Center, Event Center, Country Clubs like Kingsway that has a smaller room. I think for the above group JDs or Visanis would be the best deal for this group. But there's many other options as well!

4. Re: Looking for a Restaurant w/ semi-private room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Port Charlotte
Recent Conversations