We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel

Can anyone recommend a hotel in or near Port Charlotte? I've been reading reviews. The terrible ones talk about smokey smelling rooms, dirty rooms, bed bugs and noisy. I just need to stay one night. Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,832 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

What are you doing there that you need a room in PT C?

I have not stayed anywhere there, as i have a home 10-15 miles away. But the Days inn is popular as it has a restaurant attached that many locals like.

Nearby Punta gorda has more choices, I'd look at the Wyvern.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

Microtell hotel on Rt. 41. We stayed there for two nights while checking out Port Charlotte, Very clean with friendly people and great free breakfast. Bob Evan's restaurant is right across the parking lot for good lunch or dinner.

Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

We're visiting a sick friend. Thanks for the info. I did look at these hotels but made the mistake of reading the worst reviews (along with the best). Lol.

Edited: 8:21 am, August 21, 2017
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,436 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

I like downtown Punta Gorda. We stay there a few nights a year when we have a morning flight on Allegiant, even though we only live 45 minutes away.

Anyway, we've stayed at the Wyvern, Four Points Sheraton, and Punta Gorda Waterfront. The Wyvern is the nicest, love the rooftop bar. However, it usually prices out considerably more than the Sheraton, which is also a very nice property.

Recently the above mentioned Sheraton has added a $6.00 resort fee to their rates. For whatever reason, this greatly annoys me. I might have paid $6.00 more for the room, but, on principle alone, I avoid resort fees. (Which isn't hard for me, since I don't stay at resorts.)

So, we usually stay at the Punta Gorda Waterfront. It isn't as nice, but, we've not had any complaints. I like the casual bar/restaurant there too.

There are several very good restaurants in downtown Punta Gorda. It's a nice place to hang out for a bit.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
443 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel

^^^^ La Quita by the highway is always nice, but Downtown Punta Gorda has the Wyvern Hotel which is great and the Sheraton Four Points with an awesome Tiki Barby the bay. We've spent many nights at the Tiki Bar!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,832 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel

It is hard to get away w/o a resort fee if staying at a beach. So I deal with it there- just booked a place that has a $25 rsort fee near FTL- but that includes valet parking, rental bikes, pool and beach towels and 24 hr gym/ Ic an live with that, esp as it is on the beavch and rates are OK.

But Punta Gorda is not a beach, and $6 or no, i would be very annoyed to be charged a resort fee in a non resort area.

Reply to: Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Charlotte
Recent Conversations