We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
2 reviews
Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

Used miles for flights and are looking forward to being warm for the winter!

7 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,032 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

I have a hard time using my miles for free flights (transatlantic) but I managed to get a few hundred off.

I have my next 2 visits booked and it cant come soon enough.

Now I have to get my house rented, as my long term snowbirds have cancelled this year.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

)h sorry that your snowbirds backed out but I'm sure you'll find some4one else quickly. A lot of people are searching for long time rental for the winter months. And it wasn't so easy to book those flights. Had to wait a long time until the partner airline updated their flights for a long time out but finally happened this week. I used miles from our Hawaiian account to book and the first day I tried wasn't a happy time. We no longer go to Hawaii so I had plenty of miles, or so I thought. The next time I tried was a breeze but had to used an unbelievable amount of miles. Oh well, stressful but done and now I can sit back and wait.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
474 posts
393 reviews
3. Re: Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

Good for you! Allegiant Air just announced super cheap flights from the Boston area to Punta Gorda. We saw $39 each way!

We'll be coming your way for a visit, as our whole family are Boston transplants :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,032 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

After they renewed again, I cancelled VRBO because i dont believe in their new service charge for renters.

So I have been caught out, badly.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

Wow such a deal Suncoast! We fly into Orlando to visit with our son and family before heading down to Port Charlotte because we leave a lot of our gear there and love to visit for a few days. Will check out Allegiant though. Thanks for the tip. And amanx, I know a lot of visitors are not happy with the fact that VRBO is gouging. Very sad. I do hope that you find renters, word of mouth is the best, so perhaps your former snowbirds can recommend someone new for you.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,032 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

They are in no condition to, but thanks.

Be wary of allegiant, I have heard they are poor at keeping to schedule and do cancel. But as a snow bird you have time to be rescheduled so you should be fine in t he end if you c an take the strain.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.

Thanks amanx. I also have read bout Allegiant not having a great record on rescheduling and late arrivals. Yes, we are snowbirds but do not deal well with stress, ha-ha. I am OCD about having all plans in place early and certainly am not one of those people that work well under pressure! And suncoast, have a nice trip to Beantown!

Reply to: Yay! Finally booked our flights for next season.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Charlotte
Recent Conversations