We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing the sun, warmth and pool in Port Charlotte

Boston
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
2 reviews
Missing the sun, warmth and pool in Port Charlotte

Good Lord, back in New England after a wonderful winter in Port Charlotte and it's in the mid 40"s with gloomy skies and rain. Absolutely miserable weather and would rather be sitting next to the pool in the sun instead of having on long pants and sweater with teeth chattering. Can't wait to go back next fall.

4 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,016 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Missing the sun, warmth and pool in Port Charlotte

It has been pretty hot, been in my pool a alot.

Sorry it is cold and grey where you are (it is always cold and grey where I spend most of my time).

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
649 posts
335 reviews
2. Re: Missing the sun, warmth and pool in Port Charlotte

Just got back from visiting friends in Punta Gorda. Managed to get burnt the first day in the pool! We had fun shopping at Beall's (long sleeve 50 spf shirts), eating - lo did we eat-- including some FAB tuna steaks to cook at home at Clemons Fruit in Port Charlotte- never would have guessed that, and talking about the last 40 years. Good time.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Missing the sun, warmth and pool in Port Charlotte

Happy that it's been hot and you're in your pool amanx and so happy that you had a great time in Punta Gorda lynclarke. I had never been to a Beall's Dept. store until last year in Florida. I really loved it! We have Marshalls and TJMax up here so it was nice to go to another discount store with great deals down there.

The sun finally came out up here today and it is warming up this week. It has been a miserable spring and I was longing for warmth and sunshine for sure!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,016 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Missing the sun, warmth and pool in Port Charlotte

Bealls isnt discount like those others, but they do give discounts on tuesdays for over 50's. and other days of the week if yo sign up for codes.

Reply to: Missing the sun, warmth and pool in Port Charlotte
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Charlotte
Recent Conversations