We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle service

michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
shuttle service

need to get imformation on shuttle service or taxi service from orlando airport to port canaveal (carnival cruise line)

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle service

Renting a car is a much more viable option.

INDIANA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle service

After reviewing all the posts re: shuttles vs. rental car, I have decided to go with Cocoa Beach shuttle. I love the flexibilty of renting a car, but cheapest I have found anywhere is about $48 per day, plus taxes, plus fees, plus toddler seat ($9), plus infant seat ($9) (I know, we are going to stop...)...looking in the ballpark of $88 (and don't forget tolls and probably $10 in gas-and possible drop-off fee of $10 with Thrifty). The shuttle is $75 for 4, $85 for 5 people (includes child seats). No drop off of rental car day of cruise, catch the $3 shuttle from the hotel to port. My two cents.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle service

More than one way to skin a cat! Have a great and safe vacation!

Atlanta
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle service

Maybe this will help you.

We went 3 times on a cruise out of Port Canaveral and let me say that a shuttle service that specializing in Port Canaveral cruises is the best way to go. Taxi's are expensive and you never know if you can get one when you want one. Renting a car is out of the question because it cost so much for the rental, gas, tolls, insurance and a whopping $84 to park at Port Canaveral. We found a great shuttle service at www.TropicanaTransportation.com

They are great! Professional service, new and clean shuttles and very low prices. We tried other shuttle services before we found them and we can warn you to stay away from Art's shuttle, Ace luxury and Laura's shuttle(L-Tours). We have met up with friends that used these companies and only heard of the horror stories with them. Both Art's and Laura's use very old vans that are dirty, smelly and about to fall apart. Ace luxury left one of our friends stranded because they didn't come back to pick them up after the cruise and they couldn't even reach them on the phone. We told our friends about the great service we found with Tropicana Transportation. We highly recommend Tropicana to everyone going out on a cruise from Port Canaveral.

Hope this helps you.

Happy cruising!!!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shuttle service

Just to set the record straight when you rent a car, on average it is $35.00 a day and you dont park at the port. 4 companies are right here and you drop it and they take you to the ship, then you do it in reverse when you return. Many people take shuttles but i beleive as many rent.

Orlando, Fl
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: shuttle service

You may have been on 3 cruises ( I've been on more) but I think your description of those two reputable companies(Ace Luxury Transportation and Art's shuttle) is way too harsh(Unless you own Tropicana Transportation ).

If you have a party of 4 or more then you're better off taking a private transfer service to Port Canaveral . You'll be chauffeured in style and you'll save time and money over any car rental or shuttle service out there.

Renting a car is way too much of a hassle with the shuttling back and forth between the cruise terminal and their offices and don't even think about parking at the terminal or you'll pay $12/day.

Shuttle service is even worse .You'll have to pay about $70 per person round trip and wait until a 59 passenger motor coach is full. If you arrive at the Orlando airport after 1:00pm to catch a cruise fug-ed-about-it, they won't even take you.

But buyer beware: The most important thing to remember is to shop for more than just price in the transportation business because you do get what you pay for. What you want to look for is the number of years the company has been in business and see if they have posted any client feedback or testimonials on their site. I personally recommend Ace Luxury Transportation (www.aceluxury.com) because they have both the testimonials and the track record .

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shuttle service

This post is not intended for promoting companies that one might have a personal interest in.

8. Re: shuttle service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:56 am, December 20, 2007
Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shuttle service

I came here to get some input on transportation to Port Canaveral. I really thought I would find more information being that transfers through the cruise companies are so outrageous. Usually, it is just my husband and I so 70pp (although way up from the 25-35pp we payed when we first started cruising) was ok but we recently started taking our 3 children and get no discount for their age or being 5 people. This time we are taking grandparents and children for a total of 7 people. My good deal on the cruise is no longer a good deal. I searched for a service and decided on one that I found through MCO and Port Canaveral official sites that were also a Better Business Bureau member. We are getting private transportaion for $210. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I chose the right company. Will let you know when we get back after Jan. 17th.

Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shuttle service

Well we made it to our cruise and are back already. Can't wait to go again. I am posting again regarding my shuttle service. I picked a good one guys. I felt that I researched it enough to be comfortable. Our driver was there waiting for us with a card with my name on it. The mercedes van/bus was new and roomy. The dvd player had a disney movie playing for the kids. It was a very comfortable ride. The driver was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The company has a pass to drive right up to the ship terminal. He explained the pickup process and that we would not be charged anything extra up to 90 minutes if we were later than expected on our agreed pick up time. He told us that everyone is off by 1030 anyway. He was right. The pick up went as smooth as the arrival. The van at pickup was not as new but it was at least 10 passenger mercedes van/bus and clean in good condition. No wait time is well worth it. We arrived at the ship's terminal with just us and not a whole bus load so we got right up to checkin. We arrived back at the airport so early that I was able to change my flight (no charge) to an earlier one and got home 5hrs earlier. I would definitely do this again, especially when Carnival is charging $70pp to cram you into a bus and making you wait an hour or so until it is full. We took all 7 of us for $210 roundtrip +tip.