We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels closes to port canaveral

gaffney,sc
1 post
Save Topic
hotels closes to port canaveral

We are going on a cruise leaving from port canaveral,and will be arriving a day early.I was wondering what is the closest hotel near where the ship will be leaving?

Kokomo, Indiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

Raddison at the port but just heard The Residence Inn was built next to it and is nicer. Also Cocoa Beach is very close to the port.If you wanna do cheap Days Inn Cocoa Beach.... Go to Yahoo maps and put in Port Canaveral. then on the left highlight hotels and it will show you where they all are!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

We just got back from an AWESOME cruise on Mariner of the Seas that left from Port Canaveral. Before leaving we really fretted about where to stay, how to get there, etc. My advise would actually be to not worry about the CLOSEST hotel to the port--you can't walk there on the day of your sailing! Most of the hotels have shuttles that will take you, so find someplace where you'll be comfortable, and that has a shuttle. One note: DO NOT STAY AT THE COCOA ECONO-LODGE EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE CHEAPEST. UGH! GROSS! Thank goodness we had a great cruise after that terrible experience!

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

The Radisson is the closest (unless like the other poster said the Residience Inn has opened), but as also stated, close really is not an issue. The Radisson was ok, not as clean or as updated as I wanted, but it was nice to get on our cruise (DIsney) and have the difference be that great! Maybe that is what everyone should do...stay at a dive so you can really feel good about your cruise accommodations!

If you stay at the Radisson, make sure you book your shuttle when you book your room. They do fill up and will not take you until later if they are full. Also, they have packages that let you park your car (if you have one) on the property while you are on the cruise. The even let us park our rv there for five days included in my in-laws room rate. Saved a HUGE amount on parking in the port lot.

Cape Canaveral
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

There are a number of good hotels on the beach within about 5 miles of the Port. In Cape Canaveral, those mentioned by the other poster are not on the beach but on A1A. If you want to start your vacation early, I'd book a beachfront and then have dinner at the Cocoa Beach Pier overlooking the ocean. It's within walking distance of several hotels -- Days Inn, Best Western, and Oceanside Inn in particular. You might as well get in the cruise mood early!

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

Yes, we did this the first cruise we took.. It was freezing, but we had dinner inside a restaurant on the pier. It was fun to look out the window and see the ocean and the pelicans. Great way to start if you are there early enough.

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

So can anyone recommend a good beachfront hotel for pre or post cruise?

uk
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

So is it better to stay in cocoa beach, we are goign to spemd a few day post cruise before heading back to orlando 2 kids under 8. where is a good place??

New York, N.Y.
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

Hey Dewone2000, I'm having the same problem, but looking for some suggestions about transportation to Port Canaveral from the Airport, I sail the third week in September?

St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

Try this website: http://www.cocoabeach.com/

You can type in dates and research hotels. Some of the places on Cocoa Beach are older and some have been completely redone. Maybe some local experts can help out if you have a couple of names of hotels picked out.

10. Re: hotels closes to port canaveral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 17, 2009