We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction

uk
Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Construction

Hi all ... read a few posts and some have mentioned construction going on. whereabouts is it and is there traffic problems in the area. We are staying at the Royal Vista for the 2nd time will we be affected by noise.

thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction

I'd be happy to check for you but don't know where Royal Vista is located. If you could tell me. I'll take a look in the area. I've seen lots of construction at A1A and Atlantic and that old dumpy Ramada Inn on S. Atlantic , which had previously used for those awful time share scams is boarded up and being 'liquidated". I go north on A1A frequently and will take a look at an area and report back, if you will narrow it down for me.

uk
Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction

1110 South Ocean Blvd.

Pompano Beach, FL 33062

is the address for it .

It is a fairfield owned hotel/timeshare.

I know it is on the beach and opposite is the santa barbara hotel.

and it is about 1/2 mile south of the pier.

Sorry cant be more helpful with the location as it was 2 years ago i was last there.

thanks for your help

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction

That's actually fine info- I know just where the Santa Barbara is and so I'll drive by probably on Wednesday- my errand day -and take a good look around.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction

I drove up A!A Commercial to Atlantic today and see nothing around Royal Vista that should cause any concern at all. The closest construction I saw was a new condo going up beachside about 2 blocks north, but a very neat constrction site, not bothering anything. . Also , south of it , as you may know, the Santa Barbara , another Fairfield property I believe , is still completely closed since the hurricane. There is no activity going on there at all but theydo have the property surrounded by a chain link fence. I'm wondering if the damages are too extensive to repair. If, so that is not visible from the street. Perhaps they are trying to sell it. Just a little south of that , the really shabby hotel on both sides of the street that recently wasa Ramada (and before that a Holiday Inn) is boarded up and has a "Liquidation Sale" sign. That was a horrible place that a time share scam company used to house their unfortunate victims, so I hope whoever gets it will make something nice out if the property. But both of these are nowhere near the Royal Vista and that whole area is looking great.

uk
Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction

Great information there. our minds put at ease.

thanks

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction

Lulutoo,

Thanks for the info on the Santa Barbara. I have friends who own there and they are not getting much info from Fairfield.

If you go down as far as the SEAGARDENS, please let me know what things look like there. It's about 1/2 mile North of Atlatic on your left. We own there as well as the Royal Vista.

Thanks so much.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction

I may be going up that way again on Saturday and will let you know- I do remember the Sea Garden from years past, but haven't noticed it recently one way or the other. The amount of new construction in Pompano boggles my mind- there is a massive high rise going up where the Oceanside Shopping Center used to be at A1A and Atlantic and lots of new projects either starting or with signage up along A1A. When you come down again you won't recognize the area!

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction

Lulutoo,

Thank you!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction

Drove by Sea Gardens today and couldn't see much of note. There were only about a dozen cars there in mid afternoon. It appears there was a little roof damage on a small section of the main registration building and there is still a small blue tarp there. There are also a few barrell tiles gone here and there on the buiding's roof , but that has been common in this area since the storm and usually indicates cosmetic damage only. There has been a shortage of barrel tiles and many places are having to wait to get some that match their existing ones. I really couldn't see anything of the other buildings in the complex. Didn't the Sea Garden also have a clubhouse or something across on the ocean side of A1A? I may be mistaken, but it looks to me like that ( if it was there) is gone and a high rise condo ( La Luna?) is being built. Only the first couple of stories are up at this point. I didn't really get to study it too long... Other than that I think nothing else has changed that I could see. Hope that helps some...

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction

Forgot to add that as I passed the Santa Barbara from the north it is obvious there are many windows boarded up and there is a lone security guard sitting in front of the building behind the chain link fence- he's sitting in front of , not in the building. You can see quite a few blown out windows on the north face. I'll keep an eye as I can on any new developments for your friend.