We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrie B Tours will stop for the season MAY 7th 2006

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Carrie B Tours will stop for the season MAY 7th 2006

The Carrie B will stop on May 7 and begin again in October (the tours they give to Ft Laud, and Port Everglades areas.-not the Norfolk tours)

Don't forget the coupon for $14.99 in the Friday Sun Sentinal (one free with one.

They will be using the MS Lady Lucille when their MV Carrie B goes N to Norfolk for tours on the 17th of April.

Here's the message from Capt Phil:

"...Thank you for contacting ( and recommending ) Carrie B tours. we do appreciate your support! We will be operating our tours on the Lady Lucille yacht from our New River Docks from April 17th until the 7th of May, 2006. We will resume operation in Ft. Lauderdale on the Carrie B at the end of October.

Thanks again , hope to see you on the Carrie B tour..."

www.carriebcruises.com has a lesser value coupon

Ken

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,982 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrie B Tours will stop for the season MAY 7th 2006

I know some summer visitors have been disappointed to learn that the Carrie B boat cruise apparently will not stay in Lauderdale for the summer as it has in past years ( they usually use a smaller boat.) Since that option will be gone as of early May, you may want to know about a Boat Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to the South Beach area of Miami which is done by the Water Taxi Company. Currently it is done on Tuesdays and Saturdays but for the summer ( tourism really does slow down) they may possibly only offer it on Tuesdays. It is an all day trip and I think is about $20- leaves from the Water Taxi Dock near the Convention Center on 17th Street at 8:45 AM and arrives in South Beach around noon. I think you have three or four hours there to shop , stroll and lunch and then the boat leaves in late afternoon and arrives back in early evening. Reservations are necessary. It would be one way to get out on the water and also to experience South Beach ( a trendy part of Miami) without having to hassle with traffic and parking.

I have never taken the trip, but I am going to see if I can round up a friend soon and try it out.

Google the Water Taxi for information on their website. I personally would prefer that to Jungle Queen for a boating experience.

Thought you all would like to know!