We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a great seafood resort in Pompano. Any...

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
delaware
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for a great seafood resort in Pompano. Any...

I am heading down to Pompano the weekend of Jan 21. I have never been there and am looking for a great seafood restaurant and little off the beaten path..........any suggestions??

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a great seafood resort in Pompano. Any...

Maybe Joe's Riverside Grill on Atlantic Blvd. at the Intracoastal or the Seawatch Restaurant in Sea Ranch Lakes along A1A just a bit south of your hotel. I actually prefer Seawatch at lunch, not just for better prices but also because it is right on the beach and you can see a prettier view in daylight. I would not describe either as off the beaten path though- everyone knows them ad they will be crowded as this is the height of the season.

Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a great seafood resort in Pompano. Any...

try blue moon fish co lauderdale by the sea a bit pricy but very good. we just stayed at beachcomber Dec 7-12 had a great time talk to Marty [tell hime Dee & Tom say hello call him Mr Martay he'll know it's from me]. We always go to Aruba's beachcafe in lauderdale by the sea its on commerical next to the pier. If you want some great pizza and wings try across the street at Stingers Emily is a great server and lots of personality. I;m quite fimiliar with the area if you need any others tips e-mail me have a great time I'm so jealous of you pompano is my home away from home

Domain of...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a great seafood resort in Pompano. Any...

One of the best frequented by locals is Catfish Dewey's on N. Andrews Blvd in Oakland Park in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

www.catfishdeweys.com

New York
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a great seafood resort in Pompano. Any...

May favorite is Aruba Beach Cafe (www.arubabeachcafe.com). The is also the Sea Watch on N. Ocean in Lauderdale-by-the-sea, and Cap's Place (www.capsplace.com) which is cute, you can take a little boat ride to get there.

new york
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a great seafood resort in Pompano. Any...

Since you stated "off the beaten path" I will recommend Shirttail Charlies.It is not in Pompano but is worth the 20 minute drive or take the water taxi to it from Oakland park dr and get a great view of the intracostal.I have been there many times and never disappoints.Another would be Josephs which is just before the Atlantic blvd bridge.Also right on the intracoastal.The other recommendations you got previously are also very good ones but certainly not off the beaten path and they are ALWAYS very crowded.There is also a very good greek rest.that has great seafood ,inside the Paradise Beach Resort right on the ocean.Milos Taverna is the name.Good luck,you cant make a bad choice.We have tried them all.

South Florida
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a great seafood resort in Pompano. Any...

Cap's Place http://www.capsplace.com/