We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairfield Sea Gardens and Royal Vista

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Topic
Fairfield Sea Gardens and Royal Vista

Does anyone have any updates on these resorts. We are owners at both, and received a letter from Fairfield saying that the Sea Gardens would be closed until furhter notice.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairfield Sea Gardens and Royal Vista

Both www.tug2.net (go to free BBS ) and the Fairfield Yahoo T/S group have info on all the Fairfield "resorts" in the area.

Only some of the buildings in Palm Aire T/S CC are affected..some are open, but it appears Sea Garden/Royal Palms, and the Santa Barbara will continue to remain closed. Most of the original Vacation Break Timeshare properties now managed by Cendants Fairfield Communities seem to continue to need work.

Did you have insurance if you lose your T/S week? RCI (and II in the case of the Royal Vista) might be able to sell it, if your week is not considered affected yet by the closure.

Here is the Fairfield Groups address. You will need to be pre-registered by Iowa Hawk, its moderator, prior to posting. There will be info there on the closures as well as the TUG site...also, lates on the class action.

Good luck. I hope you do not lose your week. (I know they insisted on maintance fees being paid prior to closure notification. (They need the $$ beyond insurance to help with the fix up).

Others here ever considering an interval ownership....read up & learn before you buy anything. That is million dollar advise.

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairfield Sea Gardens and Royal Vista

Forgot to add the Fairfield Users Group link:

groups.yahoo.com/group/Fairfield_timeshare/

sorry

Ken

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairfield Sea Gardens and Royal Vista

Ken,

Thanks for all the info. We have received 2 letters about SEAGARDENS but non on ROYAL VISTA. Fortunately we own points at both. Believe me, it cost a fortune to have them converted but in the long run is well worth it because I can go to any Fairfield without paying an exchange fee. I do own another timeshare in Gatlinburg,Tn which we trade thru RCI and have always been lucky enough to get our requested resort. The exchange fee has tripled since we first bought this timeshare about 15-20 years ago. We have stayed in many beautiful resorts around the world. I don't know much about Intervol. Is it better than RCI? I have several friends who own Marriott who are with Intervol but they never trade, why would they?

Thanks again,

Sal625

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairfield Sea Gardens and Royal Vista

When Cendant was formed by the merger of HFS and CUC one of the companies owned Resorts Condominium International (RCI), the other owned Interval International (II). I think the new company (Cendant-which is now being broken apart) thought they would be able to control both exchange companies....but the Fed Gov said NO! (Conflict of interest)

They decided to try to sell one or the other. They sold II (had less resorts) to a group consisting of (among others) Hyatt, Disney, Marriott, Carlson Wagonlit Travel....and they sold it to US Interactive (Barry Dillers Company)

Currently, II has fewer, but most consider nicer resorts...(usually).

If you can, I would use the Royal Vista to try and join !!, just to see the difference. It might or might not be better. Many feel FF points conversion are not worth the cost, as resale FF points usually sell for .019 cents to .03 cents. (Price varies due to maint fees & taxes).

But, when you learn the system, as you seem to have done, you can get super value from T/S ownership...points or weeks....

We have a Marriot, too. Our unit is a lock off, so II gives us two weeks for the one apartment, and then a bonus week, because the unit is needed by II. Thats 3 weeks for one turned in. (That works with Marriott Beach Place Ft Laud and Marriott Ocean Point on Singer Island, Palm Beach County. Maint & Taxes are about $1000 for the week. (Broward taxes are about $200 a week!)

So, yes, learn how to use the units, and your value soars. I do believe the bonus weeks are given by II for Royal Vista turn in weeks. (II doesnt do points.

If you find out about openings, could you post here so I could relay info to the other sites?

Please try those sites, you will truly get value from what you read.

Thanks

Ken