We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is near the 1500 Ocean Drive condos?

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
433 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
What is near the 1500 Ocean Drive condos?

Are there any grocery stores or malls within walking distance of this condo? Is the water taxi close by? Is this a safe area? Are there any good restaurants nearby?

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is near the 1500 Ocean Drive condos?

What is the name of the condo?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is near the 1500 Ocean Drive condos?

Nothing in Pompano is near the Water Taxi- Pompano is miles north of it. I wonder if you mean 1500 South or 1500 North Ocean Drive , but I don't think it matters too much- there is a real shortage or restaurants in Pompano along the Ocean and the only grocery stores are two Publix- one on Atlantic Blvd which will be either 15 blocks north or south of that - and a bit further west and the other would be in Sea Ranch Lakes, between Pompano and Lauderdale by the Sea to it's south - and only at all close if it is 1500 S. Ocean Drive. There are some restaurants on Atlantic- also too far to walk to- and a very few on Ocean Drive, but most are not good at all.

No malls in that area at all- Pompano is not a good place to stay without a car- there is a bus that would run to Citi Centre ( an ok , but not great mall- a small Macy's , Sears and Pennys - but no grocery store-) and I would guess it would be about 15 minutes by bus( #11 I think is the number and you could also take it to the grocery at Sea Ranch Lakes depending on N. or S.)

I would say any of Ocean Drive is safe, but it is made up of almost nothing but condos- very little to do in my opinion.

3. Re: What is near the 1500 Ocean Drive condos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, March 31, 2010