We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any New openings or closings in the area??????

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any New openings or closings in the area??????

Hello all.On our way to winter vacay next month .I know Mulligans,Macks Groves,Fishermans Wharf,Upper Deck/Jeramihas,Shirttail Charlies,Paradise Beach Resort,Ramada all closed.Did I miss any??? Anything reopen yet or anything new??? All updated input welcomed !!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any New openings or closings in the area??????

One very sad closing in LBTS- the diner at the Pier: here's the story from today's paper:

sun-sentinel.com/news/…7219607.column

The restaurant that was to "replace" Mulligan's is still not open- not a good sign in my opinion.

The only good news( but not in time for you I'm afraid) is that the owners of theonderful Bonefish Mac sportsbar in Lighthouse Point are again in talks with Pompano about opening at the Pier there-.. the one in Lighthouse Point is wonderful!

There is a little Greek place on Atlantic near the German place called Christina's I think that is good- she is chef as well as owner and always comes out to visit diners- not fancy but good food.

Was Kilwin's open in LBTS last time you were down- they have great ice cream! Two new places of late are a little Italian place in Sea Ranch Lakes shopping center called Carina's- salads, pannini and a few pastas, but I had a great soup/pannini/gelato lunch there. Pa Degennaro's has opened a little deli/takeout afew doors from his gourmet place on A1A south of Atlantic- heard it's good haven't been there yet.

Tell me again when you are coming???

new york
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any New openings or closings in the area??????

Thanks for the heads up !! Breakfast on the Pier is going to be another memory.Damn !! We go there almost every morning.My bride will be floored with this bad news.We will be down until Feb 20.Just missed the opening of the ice cream shop last year.We usually went acrossed from the Aruba for ice cream any way.Joes Riverside is still there,I called to make sure.Is there anything open upstairs in the adjacent building where Jerimihias used to be????Wow I am really bummed !!!! I will be back to write more later,I have to look for something to punch right now!!

Tidewater, Virginia
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any New openings or closings in the area??????

Ronnie's 50's diner was closed when I went in January 2008. And I don't mean a temporary closure.

4. Re: Any New openings or closings in the area??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 20, 2009