We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada in Pompano beach...Lulutoo??

new york
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada in Pompano beach...Lulutoo??

I was wondering if the Ramada on So. Ocean in Pompano ever reopened???? I saw someone taking some photos and measuring the property in febuary.Wondering the same about the Santa Barbara.That looked like they were actually working on the place.Hope you can drive past and let me know Lulutoo.Thanks Mulligans

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada in Pompano beach...Lulutoo??

I've driven past a bazillion times and it is deserted, surrounded by chain link fence and has had an auction sign plastered on it since May. There is no sign of anything going on. I don't know which is worse , the bug pit it was when they were warehousing the Ramada Plaza timeshare victims there or the neighborhood eyesore it is now.

The Santa Barbara Timeshare , which I guess is now a Wyndham , not Fairfield, not far from there is being repaired and looks like it may be finished in the near future. Seems to be a lot of activity.

When will you be back to see us, Mulligans? You won't believe that condo highrise where the Oceanside shops used to be- the lot across the way is cleared for phase 2 I think, but no construction there as yet!

new york
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada in Pompano beach...Lulutoo??

Thanks for the reply Lulutoo !! I dont think we will be back until Febuary.Are you referring to that monster of a hirise between Joes riverside and the beach?? That thing is massive.Is there another going up right across from the beach on the corner of Atlantic??I am keeping my fingers crossed for a long weekend sometime in Oct to come down and snorkle with my wife.The water in Feb is always a little too cold for her.The water temp must be ideal in Oct.Mulligans

3. Re: Ramada in Pompano beach...Lulutoo??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 05, 2009