We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jelly fish???

St. Louis
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jelly fish???

So my family and I are going to be in Perdido Key in exactly two weeks. Just how bad are the swarms of jelly fish, and how bad are the stings? Are we talking about a like a bee sting? Would it be unsafe for my 2yr old to be walking in the surf?

Thanks

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jelly fish???

My kids were stung last week- i don't go in gulf but it stings for a while then goes away- let the kids swim and if they sting him/her take them to pool- it seems to be alot of stinging nettles-

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jelly fish???

Just got back and jellyfish were bad this week- some 4 year old got stung every day-a lady had something called StingKill from CVS and the mother said it worked- be on lookout for big man o wars- they sting BAD!!!

knoxville, tn
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Jelly fish???

Hi, our family is here now at the Indigo, the kids have been catching jellyfish all week, and gotten stung about once a day. Hasnt stopped water activities tho, still lots of people in the surf. There is some riptide activity though, red flags for heavy surf out now, and some folks got caught up in it yesterday (everyone's alright). But I'd say the jellyfish won't stop you from getting in the water.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jelly fish???

WE ARE COMING TOMORROW- how is weather has it been stormy / sunny/ hot/humid/cloudy-

5. Re: Jelly fish???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 07, 2009