We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip, a couple of questions

Which Pensacola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
510 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute trip, a couple of questions

We decided this morning to come to PCB next Fri-Tues-my mom, my brother and myself. We were going to book the Holiday Inn but Margaritaville was $50/night cheaper so that's the plan now! They don't have guest laundry, anyone know if there's a laundrymat at PCB or if there's one reasonably close off the in Pensacola? I'm going out of town for work Tues-Thurs evening and will probably need to run a load of laundry while there.

Also, what are your favorite restaurants? I trust the forum much more than the restaurant rankings. We've not been to Pensacola for more than a night in years and the last place we ate was Flounders. I've read good things about PegLegPetes but will need a few more recommendations if you've got them!

We're major beach goers but if there are any fun must do's, please share!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute trip, a couple of questions

There's at least one laundromat that I know of on Via De Luna east of the public beach stoplight in the group of little shops & restaurants on the left side of the road when heading toward Navarre.

We like Pegleg Pete's and Grand Marlin.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute trip, a couple of questions

Thanks!!

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute trip, a couple of questions

There's a laundry mat on the island. Peg leg's is good. Don't just limit yourself to the beach. Spend at least a day in Downtown. Great food, art galleries, shopping, etc. And learn some of the history. It is the most historic city on the Gulf Coast, probably in the Southeast.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute trip, a couple of questions

We've driven through the downtown Pensacola area a bit and it's very pretty, we'll have to check it out! Hopefully we'll have so much sun we'll need a break from it! I've been seeing lots of rain posts. I was in South Walton the last week of June and 1st week of July and left early due to much rain. I'm hoping we time the weather better this trip to the panhandle!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute trip, a couple of questions

It's been an extremely wet summer along the entire panhandle which has, unfortunately, affected the normally beautiful color of the gulf water due to the runoff. I hear it's been good days mixed with bad so hopefully luck will be on your side!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute trip, a couple of questions

I hope so too! I stopped at Pensacola Beach on the way to South Walton in late June and it was an amazing beach day-well worth the sand in my car as I drove on to pick up friends at the Ft Walton airport!!

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
326 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute trip, a couple of questions

My wife and I loved the Fish House, about a mile west of the Bay Bridge on the sound side.

8. Re: Last minute trip, a couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 21, 2014