We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pensacola Beach vs. Ft. Walton Beach

Which Pensacola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
320 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pensacola Beach vs. Ft. Walton Beach

Our family stayed at Ft. Walton Beach several years and fell in love with the powdered sugar sand. Then we went to Gulf Shores a couple of years ago and felt it would be the same, but were disappointed that it wasn't. Now we're considering Pensacola Beach this year, how does the sand compare? Is it more like Ft. Walton or Gulf Shores?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pensacola Beach vs. Ft. Walton Beach

Pensacola Beach is just like Ft Walton for sand & water - you won't be disappointed.

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pensacola Beach vs. Ft. Walton Beach

It's the same... that's exactly what I'm doing this year. We went to Destin last time but this year we're going to Pensacola. My best friend lives in FWB but has been staying in Pensacola for almost a year and she told me that the beaches are just as nice, sand and the water.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pensacola Beach vs. Ft. Walton Beach

P'cola sand is fine as is Navarre Bch which is best of both for going to Ft Walton Bch and Pensacla beach

Milton, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pensacola Beach vs. Ft. Walton Beach

I too was disappointed in the beaches the first time I went to Gulf Shores. I would have to say you will not be disappointed in P'cola Beaches! Have a great vacation. And be sure to post and let us know what you think of our beaches!

5. Re: Pensacola Beach vs. Ft. Walton Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 28, 2014