We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing license?

Missouri
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
fishing license?

Does anyone know what kind of fishing license I would need to get to fish off the piers (maybe at Ft. Pickens?) or on the beach during our trip? We'll be down there for 5 days, my husband and I, with our 3 yr old daughter. We all like to fish and I think my daughter would love to see how different the fish are from what we can catch in Missouri.

Any tips on what kind of bait works well (and where to get it) would be nice too! :)

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,791 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing license?

www.myfwc.com for the license and the requirements.

I may be wrong, and others can chime-in, but I don't think Pensacola is that much different than what we use on the Atlantic. Look for frozen shrimp and a gulf or pompano rig for the surf.

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing license?

Hey ACL,

I've done a lot of research to find out about the requirements for out-of-state guests. As far as I understand, when you fish off the pier they supply everything you would need, including the license. There is a lot of useful information at the Pensacola Beach Fishing Pier & Observation Post:

http://www.fishpensacolabeachpier.com/

Here is a link to the FFWCC on saltwater fishing if you're interested:

myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/regulations/

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing license?

I found something on the FFWCC website that specifically tells you about the licensing on a pier under the Q&As. Look at question #8. If the pier is licensed, you don't need one per se:

myfwc.com/license/…2

Missouri
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing license?

Thank you! Loving the idea of the fishing pier and being able to rent the stuff we need rather than dragging all the wrong stuff along from Missouri! Since we'd probably only fish once or twice, that might be the best way to go.

5. Re: fishing license?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 09, 2012