We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Memorial Day Gay Week Affect Navarre?

Which Pensacola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi
8 posts
Save Topic
Does Memorial Day Gay Week Affect Navarre?

We are planning to vacation at Navarre Beach Memorial Day weekend 2011. Traveling with me will be my wife and young child, my sister and her husband and their young child, and my 60-year-old parents. We had previously planned on going to Pensacola, but learned that on Memorial Day weekend tens of thousands of homosexuals converge for a Gay Pride weekend and basically take over the beaches and restaurants.

Now, I have no desire to engage in a political or moral discussion regarding homosexuality. I'm simply looking for information regarding whether the gay pride festivities/crowds extend to Navarre (we're staying at the Pearl), and if so, what we can expect. If most of the crowds will be closer to Pensacola, we'll probably still go to Navarre.

Thanks for any information.

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Memorial Day Gay Week Affect Navarre?

The festival does take place in Pensacola. There are attendees that stay in Navarre, but all the festivities take place in Pensacola. We don't "take over" everything, but there are over 30,000 of us in attendance so for that weekend, the homosexuals far out number the straight people. If this will cause any discomfort for you or your family, I would recommend staying in Navarre. Hope this helps and I hope you and your family have a safe vacation and enjoy yourselves!!

Pensacola Beach...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Memorial Day Gay Week Affect Navarre?

MONSTER BEACH PARTY BOAT

by Pensacola Memorial Day at Quietwater Beach Boardwalk

Sunday, 29 May 2011

Sales Stop at 03:00PM PST 05/29/11

500 Quietwater Beach Rd.

Pensacola Beach, FL 32561

BUY TICKETS HERE: http://fla.vor.us/memorialdaypensacola

MONSTER BEACH PARTY BOAT provides an opportunity to experience gay pride in a unique and fabulous new way for the Pensacola Memorial Day Celebration. Set sail and enjoy our the surroundings aboard a boat that is transformed into your wildest and wet dreams! The party boat cruises an amazing area between the Santa Rosa Sound and the Gulf of Mexico in one of only 10 national seashores in the nation.

There are 2 Packages Available:

PARTY MONSTER VIP:

Set sail for 2 hours on beautiful and calms Pensacola waters.

Dock you and your friends at a private pool party.

Invite to an ultra exclusive private party with really sexy guys.

This package includes free drinks!

LITTLE MONSTER:

Set sail for 2 hours on beautiful and calms Pensacola waters.

Dock you and your friends at a private pool party.

18+ ONLY EVENT. ID REQUIRED AT BOARDING.

Copy/Paste this Link: goo.gl/M1XaT

Reserve your tickets now and enjoy this year at Pensacola Memorial Day in style!

http://fla.vor.us/memorialdaypensacola

3. Re: Does Memorial Day Gay Week Affect Navarre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, October 16, 2012