We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay, Things to do

Mississippi
4 posts
Save Topic
Places to stay, Things to do

I'm trying to plan a 4-day trip to Pensacola for me, my husband and 2 kids, ages 10 and 15 yrs. I haven't been there since I was a tiny, tiny girl. So you could basically say I know NOTHING about the place. What is the best side of town to stay at? My main objective is to take the kids to the beach and have a relaxing time. So does anyone have any advice of where to stay (reasonably priced) and things to do? Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Oh by the way, I'm planning the trip the last weekend of July, 27-30.

Paso Robles Wine...
Level Contributor
851 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay, Things to do

The only place to stay that I would recommend for a vacation is directly on Pensacola Beach. I wouldn't stay in Pensacola and try to drive to the beach every day. Of course, you have planned your trip for Pensacola's high season so finding reasonably priced won't be easy. I would contact one of the many real estate companies on Pensacola Beach and see if they have a condo they can rent you for four days (usually it's by the week). I have heard that so far the summer season has been relatively slow (I have relatives who have condos they rent out) so you may get lucky with finding a place. A condo will be the most relaxing for you and you can actually save money because you won't have to eat all your meals out. The hotels won't be reasonably priced during that time. I did post on another thread here about two motels in Gulf Breeze that are more reasonable but you'll have to drive to the beach. With two kids that is not something I would want to do every day. It certainly won't be relaxing!

Alexandria, LA
Level Contributor
134 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay, Things to do

JME realty offers some of their condos for 3-4 nights in the summer. Their website is:

www.jmevacations.com

We have always found them to be reasonable, and if you call their office they always go out of their way to help find something that matches your budget, etc.

You might also try the Vacation Rental By Owner website:

www.vrbo.com

Good luck!

pensacola
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay, Things to do

Hilton Garden INN

4. Re: Places to stay, Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 03, 2009