We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to pensacola

puyallup
2 posts
Save Topic
moving to pensacola

i'm thinking of moving to pensacola to live and would like some insight on the best and worst places to live in the city.

Paso Robles Wine...
Level Contributor
896 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to pensacola

I would suggest you ask your question on this relocation forum:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/florida/

Also, I suggest you include a lot more details, like are you buying or renting, price range, kids?, work?, what you like to do, etc.

Florida
Level Contributor
66 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moving to pensacola

Yeah, pretty broad question...my idea of not safe or good areas to live might be different from yours...but if you want NICE places to live (upscale, very expensive homes, among mostly professionals or retirees) then my top three areas in Pensacola (greater Pensacola area) would be

1. Gulf Breeze (actually Santa Rosa County, but just a drive over the 3-mile bridge, which is usually pretty bad traffic);

2. East Hill (older historic homes, lots of oak trees...very very desirable area and the home prices reflect this desire);

3. NE Pensacola around Scenic Highway, Spanish Trail area;

Not much of Pensacola is really dangerous, but we are not immune to crime either. You should visit and drive around, not too hard to get lost around here, we have only a few major roads that go north/south and east/west...so long as you stay along those, can't get lost (Gulf of Mexico is south).

There are also very nice neighborhoods on the West side of Pensacola near the Naval Air Station, so if you are moving due to military requirements you'll find good neighboorhoods near the base as well along Hwy 98 West, Blue Angel (Lake Charlene, Herons Forrest, Landfall, Star Lake, Pensacola Country Club).

I don't know much about neighborhoods in the North of Pensacola (Cantonment, Gonzalez area), that area is growning up fast, lots of new construction but it is quite a drive from the heart of Pensacola and b/c of its growth and I110 construction, traffic is a big issue if you need to come to the heart of Pensacola.

3. Re: moving to pensacola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 31, 2009