We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

1 post
Save Topic
Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

Me and 3 other mates are travelling the states in February/March. We've put down a pretty small deposit on a hotel on Panama City beach for spring break in first week of March.

Have just noticed about the drinking ban on the beach, was just wondering how much that is going to affect the atmosphere and numbers of people there?

Is it worth still going or will it be pretty dead? Don't want to waste time there if it's not going to be popular this year

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
578 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

Nobody knows how it's really going to be. I'm not sure how much of the college crowd knows about the ban. I personally think it will still be fun. Just need to be creative.

If you are worried that it will be one big soberfest with no tan and oily bodies to cheer each other on while doing keg stands, beer pong games and twerking, then head west towards Walton and Okaloosa Counties. Man, I have many memories of spring break in PCB. I miss college. :)

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

Don't worry! Spring Break will be just as happening in PCB as it has been for the past 20 years. The drinking ban only applies to the sand and there are plenty of beach bars and clubs on the water that you can drink at. I suggest you take a look at the Panamaniac VIP Card. It gives you free access to all the best parties and event and also gets you free drinks during certain times each day. You can see it at www.panamaniaccard.com . Another event you don't want to miss is the Beach Bash Music Fest. This event can be seen at www.beachbashmusicfest.com . See you on the beach!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
36 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

Hotel and condo bookings are DOWN. Holiday Inn reports a 50% drop from last year at this time. I'd think long and hard before heading to PCB for a "fun" Spring Break. I own a condo at the Majestic Beach Towers and refuse to visit between March 1st and April 18th...I won't spend my money in local businesses. As a 55 year old woman, the powers that be say that I cannot enjoy a beer on my beach???!! Forget it.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

Hello,

Maybe you can help with deciding which hotel to stay in. So my friend and I want to come to PCB during springbreak to celebrate my bday. We are in our mid twenties and like to party a lot. Which hotels has the best day pool parties and things to do. Also, we would like to be in walking distance to bars/clubs that play alot of hip hop and rnb. Since we are in our mid twenties which hotels cater to our age group but with the pool parties and entertainment. We really don't want to be around 18 year Olds if we do at a least let it be an age mix.

Loxley, Alabama
Level Contributor
656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

So you want to come on spring break, but don't want to be around 18 yr olds? Going to be difficult

United States
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

Sorry, but the suggestion of heading to Walton and Okaloosa counties to party is a bad one. They are much more into enforcing laws than PCB has ever been. They are family spring break locations.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

Hi Doughnut, I caught that one as well. As you know we were on Okaloosa mid March last year and although the college crowd was thin, there was noticable law enforcement present. It's going to be interesting to see how the changes in PCB affect the other towns this year. In my college years Ft. Lauderdale was the hot spot, they cracked down and the kids went to Daytona. Who knows now, but we'll be a whole lot smarter in a few weeks.

Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

I'm also thinking of going here from UK, with few friends aged 22. It's pretty hard to get to PCB though with flights, we'd have to drive from Atlanta or Jacksonville? Which is why we were thinking Daytona, any reports on it or Fort Lauderdale? From what I've gathered they're places of the past for spring break..

Edited: 6:33 pm, February 14, 2016
Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
578 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

I'm sure law enforcement will be tighter for under age drinking. However, does Walton and Okaloosa counties have an alcohol ban on the beach?

10. Re: Panama City Beach Spring break 2016 - worth going?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 17, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach