We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report for 8-19 to 8-26 (Stayed at Sterling Beach)

Vestavia Hills
9 posts
Save Topic
Trip Report for 8-19 to 8-26 (Stayed at Sterling Beach)

We had a wonderful time at PCB this year. We stayed at Sterling Beach and our unit was awesome. We rented from an owner on VRBO. The unit was on the 6th floor and had a great view of the ocean. It was nicely decorated too and we loved the 55" wide screen tv with stereo surround sound. The kitchen was well equipped(one of the first ones I have been to that actually has pretty much everything you will need to cook(Granted I am not a gourmet cook but I found everything I would normally use when I cook). The master bedroom was nice and the bed was so comfortable. I believe they had a down type mattress on top of the regular mattress. We loved the large whirlpool tub, double vanity, and large shower. Both shower and tub could hold two people easily in my opinion. The unit was very spacious and had a wonderful openess to it in the lay out of everything.

The pool was awesome and that is where we spent most of our time as the ocean was full of sea weed most of the time we were there. My 4yr old daughter loved the swimming pool and even started getting brave enough to jump off the edge of the pool without holding our hands. She was swimming all over the shallow end of the pool with just her floaties.

We went to Gulf World and Zoo World and had a wonderful time. My daughter got her picture made with a dolphin(she was so excited about that) and also a cockatoo(she wasn't too sure about the bird on her arm(LOL)). I really emjoyed the shows at Gulf World. We had a great time at Zoo World and I loved the bengal tiger show. I took a lot of pictures of the different tigers.

We also did black light mini gold which was fun and my daughter loved riding in the bumper boats and some type of race car(I can't recall the name of it). I think it was a car on the Speed Track at the place we played black light golf.

We also visited the child-size amusement park at Emerald Falls and she had fun on the rides.

We ate at The Treasure Ship(twice), Sharky's, Shuckums, Montego Bay, Spinnakers, Pineapple Willys, and The Mariner. I didn't care for Pineapple Willys, Shuckums, The Mariner. I found the food lacking at all three. At Pineapple Willy's I got something called French Dip sandwich and it made me sick. I found The Mariner's buffet just not that good at all. At Shuckums, I didn't care for my chicken fingers and my tea tasted like someone had put black pepper in it. I really enjoyed the deviled crab at The Treasure Ship as well as their sweet tea. I liked the burger at Sharkys and found the service decent. At Montego Bay the burger was good although they overcooked my daughter's burger. I enjoyed my prime rib and my mother in law enjoyed her grouper sandwich at Spinnakers although the service was terrible but to compensate they did give us free deserts and the manager on duty did come out and apologize for the service.

All in all it was a good time for all and I wish I could be back there now in the condo we were in just relaxing.

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report for 8-19 to 8-26 (Stayed at Sterling Beach)

Glad you had a good time! Sounds like dining was a bit off, but otherwise, you had fun.

When you went to Emerald Falls, did you happen to nitice height restrictions? I haven't had a chance to call them yet. Scooter's only 31" tall and a lot of kiddie parks say minimum 36". Just wondering.

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report for 8-19 to 8-26 (Stayed at Sterling Beach)

OOOPPPSSS! Typo! Meant to say "notice" regarding Emerald Falls.

Vestavia Hills
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report for 8-19 to 8-26 (Stayed at Sterling Beach)

I believe they said the recommended height for the rides was 36" on the ones at Emerald Falls

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report for 8-19 to 8-26 (Stayed at Sterling Beach)

Thanks! That's kinda what I figured. Oh well, he can ride them next year!

5. Re: Trip Report for 8-19 to 8-26 (Stayed at Sterling Beach)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach