We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pcb during christmas?

Burlington, KY
1 post
Save Topic
pcb during christmas?

I was wondering if my six and three year old will be able to swim suring week of christmas outdoors or should we find an indoor pool. Which I am having a hard time finding. Also does pcb do amything exciting at this time frame

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pcb during christmas?

It is usually cold here at Christmas, though of course cold is a relative term. I wouldn't want to swim then! Average is between 60-40 degrees but it can get down into the 30s.

There's usually a Christmas parade downtown, but that's earlier in the month, and the boat parade of lights which is also usually in the first part of december. Pretty much all the holiday events are done by mid-December.

IN
Level Contributor
457 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pcb during christmas?

I'm in PCB between Christmas and New Years. As Lilbunnygirl mentioned, temps are "normally" between 50 - 60. However, it can vary - days where it doesn't get above 40 to days in the mid-70's. I believe most pools are heated and there are normally kids and adults swimming. I've not seen too much swimming in the gulf though. For me, I'm laying out in the sun if it is 50 or above. I've even got some tricks to lay out if it is in the 40's :-).

If you still want an indoor pool, I know the Palmetto has one. The Palmetto has two locations - the new beach front motel and one across the street (Front Beach Road). This is the smaller/older motel across the street from the beach and across from where they are building their new motel. Not sure if the new one is open yet (I think August was their target date) but you can stay at either location and use the amenities of both.

Mentioned in this post
Palmetto Inn & Suites
Palmetto Inn & Suites
965 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pcb during christmas?

luvthebeach - you can always tell the tourists fromt he locals around here in winter, the locals are wearing sweaters and shivering and the tourists have on swimsuits and flip flops in WalMart :)

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach