We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Long Beach and do NOT want to go into walmart

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Long Beach and do NOT want to go into walmart

Hi All

I am going down to LBR and have always dealt with Walmart and do not want to do that this time what else do you suggest for groceries and other items, chairs, floats etc?????

Thanks in advance

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Long Beach and do NOT want to go into walmart

For groceries you can go to Publix at Beckrich & Hutchison, for chairs, etc... the Kmart at Thomas & 98 has plenty (and it's always empty, my friend jokes that he shops there because he feels like a famous person, like they closed the store just for him to shop...it's that dead :)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Long Beach and do NOT want to go into walmart

If I went out to the road in front of LBR would I go right or left??? sorry I dont do well with north and south ;)

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Long Beach and do NOT want to go into walmart

Fastest way to Publix is to turn right out of the resort then left on Hutchison. Publix is 3 lights west on the left side of the street.

To go to KMart, turn right and take Front Beach until it dead ends into construction and you are forced to turn left. Then go right on 98 and left at the next stoplight. KMart is there, you can't miss it.

PS Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Long Beach and do NOT want to go into walmart

We made the mistake of going to wal-mart when we first got there, It was raining and i guess everyone else had the same idea.... It was a MADHOUSE lol... didnt know about Publix until we passed it on the way back ....

5. Re: Staying at Long Beach and do NOT want to go into walmart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach