We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Charter in June

Bryant, Arkansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Charter in June

Hey Guys...I'm looking for a fishing charter for my husband, father-in-law and brother-in-law in June (doesn't have to be private). I've been looking for several days and there are so many charters to choose from and for the most part they all have good reviews. Can you suggest a good, reliable charter that you may have been on recently? Looking forward to returning this year. Thanks!

Simpsonville, South...
Level Contributor
104 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Charter in June

I went out last year on the Jubilee for a 6 hour trip and had a blast the crew was attentive and made the trip alot of fun. The Captian knew the spot to hit and we ended up with a pretty good catch.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
351 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Charter in June

PCB has some of the best fishing options on the Gulf + since you are coming in June you will likely be right in Red Snapper season, when all the boats will be trying to get out, so you may be able to walk the docks at Capt Andersons Marina and Treasure Ship Marina & look at the sign boards to see who is trying to put a combo charter together. The party boats like Capt Andersons, Queen Fleet, Jubilee & Treasure Island will all be going out- I suggest booking the longest trip you can ( up to 12 hrs) + be flexible on your day if you can because even in June the weather doesn't always cooperate- good luck!

Bryant, Arkansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Charter in June

Thanks Kevin, I'll check them out. AU, do you mean party as in "party of" or party as in "booze cruise"? :) We've got 7 full days so flexibility is no problem but I don't know if my 76 year old FIL could make it 12 hours. We lived in Coral Springs, FL for about seven years so I also know all about weather changes! Do you guys know if they would have to buy a three or seven day license or do they have a one time/temporary license for one trip?

Once again, thank you for your help.

Simpsonville, South...
Level Contributor
104 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Charter in June

What she means by party boat is the larger boat that goes out with like 20+ people is considered a party fishing boat. When you go out on the boat it includes your fishing license, bait, pole and all is included.

I have not done the smaller private charter for smaller groups so i can comment on those type trips but I know they a bit more expensive.

Bryant, Arkansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Charter in June

Thank you Kevin! That's what I thought but I just wanted to clarify. My husband has gone deep sea fishing before but my FIL and BIL have not. I know they are going to have a blast! I appreciate your help!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
351 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing Charter in June

Party boat = "Head Boat" as other poster mentioned- these are not Booze Cruises. Yes, since your FIL is 76 you may not want to put him on a 12 hr-+ Capt Anderson, Queeen Fleet, & Jubilee all have AC in their cabins. Some of the private charter boats have AC in cabin you might want to think about that for him too it can get pretty hot in June.

Private charters cost @ $150/ hour with a 4 hour minimum- most of them will want to do at least 8 hrs for a Red Snapper trip. (this is for whole boat) so figure on $1200 total for a snapper trip, based on 6 people that would be $200 per person if you get group of 6. + you need to tip the mate on both private charter & party boat trip. Some private charters I have used are Hook 'Em Up (has AC) Kelly Girl (has AC) Capt Hank (Has AC) Maggi (No AC) No Problem (No AC) & Salt Shaker

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing Charter in June

We will be there June 1st-7th and would like to split a 8,10 or 12 fishing trip with somebody? We would prefer 2,3 or 4th? There is only two of us but it would still make the trip affordable.

Email me at

Matthite@hotmail.com

Two Rivers...
Level Contributor
66 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing Charter in June

Go on captain Anderson's party boat. I was on jubilee last year and captain Anderson's the year before. Caught double the fish on Anderson's. Moved less times. Better equipment also. Party boats are the inexpensive way to deep sea fish. When you book your trip tell them you want the back of the boat spots.

Bryant, Arkansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing Charter in June

We are scheduled to be there the last week of June but our plans will probably change because my mother-in-law is going to have a radical heart surgery. Hopefully everything will go alright and we will be able to reschedule for next year. Thank You All for your suggestions/recommendations!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
351 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing Charter in June

Charter Boat Maggi (McGowan Charters PCB) is posting some split trip dates -he only takes 6 people:

May Split Trips-

May 7th-12th- 2 people looking to share a 6-8 hour trip

May 20th- 2 people looking to share a 6-8 hour trip

May 25-30- 2 people looking to share a 4-6 hour trip

June Split Trips(Snapper Season)-

June 6th- family friendly- father and son looking to share 8 hour red snapper trip

June 8th-12th- 4 people looking for 2 more to share a 6 hour trip

June 9th-13th- family friendly-3 peo...ple looking to share 4-6 hour trip

July Split Trips (Grouper Season)-

July 6th-8th-family friendly- father and son looking to share 10 hour trip.

Call 850-235-2781 for more information See More

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach