We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCB options for condo- skyscraper hotels not our thing

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
PCB options for condo- skyscraper hotels not our thing

Hello,

We are looking for a 1 or 2 BR condo directly on the beach that sleeps 4. We really want a smaller community where there aren't skyscraper hotels and hundreds of guest rooms. We'd like a smaller, quiet property, uncrowded beach area, and easy access and shortest distance to downtown PCB, specifically the Civic Marina Center. Can anyone offer any suggestions of ideal complexes for me to look into? Thanks for any advise you can provide.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
765 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PCB options for condo- skyscraper hotels not our thing

I would reccommend Moonspinner. It is a complex of 3 buildings that are only 8 stories(not quite a skyscraper) with about 100 total units. Not sure when you are travelling but the Moonspinner is located at the very eastern edge of PCB and is very quiet. It also buts up to St Andrews State Park which is an awesome place to visit and is about a 20 minute drive to the Civic Marina Center.

Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PCB options for condo- skyscraper hotels not our thing

Largo Mar and Seaside Villas are both lowrise properties toward the east end of the beach that you might look into. These are not new places (probably built in the 70s-80s), so I would recommend visiting VRBO or another "by-owner" site to pick my exact unit based on pics. The properties are both well kept and nice.

Keep in mind that both of these places have units directly beachfront and poolside, so you can price/pick either.

Edited: 9:08 am, November 26, 2013
Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PCB options for condo- skyscraper hotels not our thing

The Marina Civic Center and Downtown Panama City are in Panama City - 20-30 minutes from Panama City Beach depending on where you are staying (they are two separate towns). Your best bet would be to stay on the east end of Panama City Beach. In addition to previous suggestions you might look at Gulfgate, Mariner East or West, Harbour Arms and Sugar Beach. You can find information on all of these properties and more on our website, www.visitpanamacitybeach.com. Have fun!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
436 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PCB options for condo- skyscraper hotels not our thing

I don't like the high rise condos either and stay on the west end of the beach just west of Hwy 79 where it is more residential. We're going to go to the Beaches of South Walton this coming year, but where we previously stayed in PCB is a cottage in Laguna Beach and just across Front Beach Rd. about 200 feet from the beach access point. I would look on VRBO for a beach house or townhome west of 79.

It's only an extra couple minutes drive to the Hathaway bridge as it would be if you stay along Thomas drive. The east end may seem a lot closer to the city, but by the time you drive up Thomas drive or go up Joan Ave. and Front beach Rd, you would be pretty close if driving from the west end. You would be in Panama City faster than driving from Fenton to South County Mall. I'm from St. Louis too and just moved to the east side last year.

By the way, if you were planning on driving and going through Nashville, you will probably be better off going down I-55 through Memphis and on to Hwy 78 to Birmingham. There has been a lot of construction in Illinois, and Kentucky the last couple of years and last time we had a nasty bottleneck in Nashville. We lost about an hour and a half to two hours total going the Nashville route. There is a lot less traffic on Hwy 78 than I-24 and I-65 too. It's also really more like an interstate than a Hwy, and supposed to end up being designated as I-22 at some point.

5. Re: PCB options for condo- skyscraper hotels not our thing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach