We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Restaurants

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Restaurants

I am working on a GoList of the local restaurants that I like and eat at regularly. I will be adding to it as I think of more, but I thought some of you who will be here soon might like to see it as it stands.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i4017-Panama_Ci…

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! We were going to eat at the Boatyard with some friends tonight, but it looks like that plan is being rained out.

Clarksville, TN
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Thank You!!!!

Adamsville...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Restaurants

bunny, great job! Im writing these down!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Hello: My wife and I ate at Montego Bay ( the old one) last time down. What do you think of this restaurant? We thought the prices were fair, the gumbo out of this world, and the portions sizeable.

By the way, we agree with you on Mike's Diner. Just up from our place, we walk for a quiet breakfast or dinner, although in May they were closed for dinner? What gives?

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Poppieofky - Many many people love Montego Bay. My husband and I are not among them though. My father in law told us several times when we moved here how great it was, so we naturally hustled right over there to try it out (we went to the one in the Shoppes at Edgewater) and were underwhelmed. It wasn't BAD, but it wasn't outstanding either. The house salad dressing was the only thing I was really impressed by.

We went back a second time to give them one more chance, and were still just not excited by anything we ate. I was told by a lifetime resident that the original owner of the Montego Bays sold them in the last few years and that quality has gone downhill greatly since then.

In short, it's not a place like Pompano's or Dirty D1ck's (TA woon't let me wrerite that word, says it's a profanity, hahahah) where I actively tell people to avoid it, but for me personally, I don't recommend it either. As with anything, restaurant reviews are subjective :)

PS - I love Louisville, we almost moved there! Beautiful city!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Oops, I forgot, yeah Mike's is only open until 3 pm now. I didn't know that (we usually go for breakfast) but I just called. She said it was just too expensive to stay open for dinner when they didn't have that much dinner business.

alabama
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Hey lilbunnygirl!!!

Your posts are so informative...Thanks.

I agree with you about the Montego Bay at The Shoppes at Edgewater. It use to be GREAT. Great food, GREAT prices!!! We ate there this month and it was awful. The service stunk!!!! Someone other than our waiter brought us our food and my son and hubby asked him for lemon and Ketchup. Well after after 20 min. we never saw him or our waiter. Soon afterour waiter rushed by and re-filled the kids sodas and rushed off but not before we could "holler" out PLeeease can we have some lemon a Ketchup????? He came back with Ranch dressing and we said we wanted LEMON an KETCHUP. He blew up and said "Well I brought the RANCH! We said we didn't ask for ranch!!! Anyway we decided he was ON something and just ate our (bad) dinner and left. The weren't busy or even half full. What gives? Is the "Little Montego Bay House on South Thomas Dr. still good or has it gone down the tubes as well? Oh by the way Have you been to the Red Bar and Grill in Grayton Beach? I hear it's good.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Octagon8 I'm glad to hear others have had the same experience! We haven't been to the other Montego Bay but since the orginal owner sold them both to the same person, I have to assume the same standards exist at both of them. I'm not willing to risk the money to find out :)

We haven't been to the Red Bar & Grill, generally if we're going to that area we go in the morning so we can hit the Donut Hole in Santa Rosa beach and have their crab meat benedict or apple cinnamon walnut french toast for breakfast. Mmmm mmmm!!!!

IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Is the Triple J steakhouse open in October? My husband loves the steaks at Angelo's, but it's closed when we go in mid october.

IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Is the Triple J steakhouse open in October? My husband loves the steaks at Angelo's, but it's closed when we go in mid october.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Restaurants

Bearabull, Triple J is open all year 'round. They are open for lunch even! My husband works on the Navy base and sometimes goes across the street with his co-workers for a lunchtime steak or burger.