We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murky water

Omaha
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Murky water

We just came back from a week in Panama city and would like to know if there is any rhyme or reason to the water conditions ? The first four days the water was very clear and blue...last 3 days green and gross with algae that would stick to you everywhere . Does anyone know a website that tells water conditions or predictions. It didn't seem to be related to the weather because it was mostly sunny out..Tide flow or just Luck of the draw ?

Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Murky water

I have been checking this website regarding the water quality in PCB.

myfloridaeh.com/beach_sampling/…

Omaha
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Murky water

Thanks !

Omaha
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Murky water

Anyone know how it is looking today?

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Murky water

We left this morning and were more concerned about the lightning/thunderstorm that was going on. It was really raining hard. Two red flags up past 3 days.

There was some seaweed and no algae yesterday evening though. This is in west PCB ~ Laguna Beach.

Oh and while we were out yesterday a fisherman was surf fishing while we picked up shells and got our toes yet. Waves were just too high. Anyway, he caught two baby sharks. My DIL was like ~ you mean he caught them in the water where we swim? :)

Edited: 9:02 pm, June 30, 2013
Level Contributor
444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Murky water

We are here now. One red flag today but storms in and out. We drove over to Destin to swim, they had yellow. Yesterday was double red flags. Some seaweed, water emerald color. Not as bad as I've seen it along 30a before though. Murky green water full of seaweed & algae but that was a couple of years ago. No rhyme or reason. Mr Surfs website has daily info though.

Omaha
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Murky water

thanks everyone..he caught sharks ???? oh my gosh where? how big? Wish there was a way to predict the water..it was postcard perfect for the first half..the seaweed filled and algae so green and gross...it was coming off us is clumps !!!

Omaha
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Murky water

whoops I mean..then seaweed filled and gross

Omaha
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Murky water

love the mrsurf website ...thanks

Omaha
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Murky water

where is laguna beach in reference to the pier park strip of beach ?

Level Contributor
444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Murky water

No problem

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach