We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
White Oak, Texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

I'm certainly no expert on PCB, but I could not find any hotel/motel that was both AFFORDABLE and recommended. I'm coming down in late July, and I was able to work out a deal with a condo owner for a 3 day stay in a lush, 2BR gulf-front condo on the waterfront. My best advice is to personally email condo owners in listings. Make sure the dates you want are available on their calendar, tell them your situation, the ballpark price range you want, and sit tight. I was initially told no, but was re-approached yesterday and now I'll be saving at least $50 per night. All of my experiences renting beachfront homes or condos have been favorable, vs. hotel stays. Don't forget that the condos have full kitchens, saving you a BUNDLE on food. I know that the condo I'm staying in will be available 7/25 and 7/26.....don't know if the owner would allow the 2 day stay (3 day minimum is par for course). If you are interested and would be willing to pay the cleaning fee ($75), you would still have a place far superior to a hotel room for about the same cost, but with so many more amenities, and so much cleaner. If anyone is interested in those dates, let me know and I'll pass the word along. Bottom line: Go condo! See ya on the beach!

princeton KY
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

hey could you give me more info on the owner you used

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
63 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

Just in case you did not read the review on this site 5 of the top 10 rated properties are hotel/motels. And when checking rates most hotel/motels are lower prices than condos. Just FYI.

Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

When staying in condo..................you return home feeling like you had a wonderful vacation. It is nice to have the kitchen, view, all the extra space, and washer and dryer.

When staying in a motel/hotel.............you are glad to get back home. After being in a small room, no place to really sit and be comfortable. And all the dirty laundry that you have packed in the car. No way ever again.

Hands down on the condo rental. If you work all year to be able to take a vacation.........enjoy yourself.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
86 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

We used VRBO.com last summer and had a wonderful experience at Gulf Crest privately owned condos.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
86 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

Sorry it wasn't Gulf Crest (but next to it) we stayed at Grande Surf.

IN
Level Contributor
457 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

The hotels/motels that I've stayed in have had kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Some of them offer suites as well. They may not be as nice as most of the condos but I prefer the savings as all I'm looking for is a comfortable place to sleep.

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

I totally agree with staying in condos, especially if you have kids. The laundry convenience alone is awesome. It was just the two of us this last trip and we fit everything we needed into 2 suitcases. Since I could was our things at night, we only packed a couple of outfits each we could mix and match.

And you do save tons of food. We spent almost $300 eating out one meal a day. Can you imagine what it would have been if we ate all meals out? (And that was eating at the "affordable" places.) We skipped Captain Anderson's, Pompanos, Angelos, and the like.

8. Re: Nix the hotel/motel, stay in a condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 27, 2009