We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Vela Closing?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
La Vela Closing?

I have heard rumors for a while now that club La Vela will be demolished for a condo development, however it was still alive and well as of May 19th. Does anyone have the inside on this rumor? I'm not a club goer, but as a PC regular, I am very curious. Thanks!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Vela Closing?

Club LaVela is still open right now.

They were meant to close after Spring Break 2005, but the developmeant deal for the Aquataica Condos fell through. No word on if it will eventually be worked out between the two parties, they said in May 2005 they were still trying to come to an agreement, but there's been no news since.

I feel sorry for the people who bought "pre construction" condos in Aquatica, when the condo company doesn't even own the land yet!

2. Re: La Vela Closing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 14, 2009